**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't phone using wifi

Everything else works fine. The wifi is a Verizon Jetpack tethered to a Pepwave router @ 192.168.50.1 if that makes a difference - but it also doesn't work if I attach directly to the Jetpack @ 192.168.1.1

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    Hello @David Wight it does appear that your account was out of sync on our end, please perform the following instructions:

Keeping your Preferred Roaming List (PRL) up-to-date can improve your network coverage if you are roaming.

From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
    Tap Settings.
    Scroll to and tap System Update.
    Tap Update PRL and wait until it completes.
    Tap OK.
    You've now updated the PRL.
  • David WightDavid Wight Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks Jorge, but no joy. Get msg:
    Unable to complete request

Currently unable to register with Freedompop server under this Wi-Fi configuration. Please try again or turn off Wi-Fi.

If I turn of Wi-Fi it says: no network connection.

I have no sprint coverage here (at home); phone works fine in town w 3/4g.
    I also frequently get msg ... Messaging has stopped.
  • David WightDavid Wight Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Any Help?
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    Hello @David Wright sorry for the delay, I will have a forum agent further assist you :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • Peter LarawayPeter Laraway Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I get the same message (Unable to complete request...) when trying to make a call over my home Wi-Fi. I also can't make a call at all - even over 3G/4G. It all worked fine last week. It might be a coincidence, but it seemed to start the end of last week when FP updated and started to ask me if I wanted to upgrade to Premium Voice. When trying to call over 3/4G it comes up with a warning of weak signal, I continue anyway, the call screen comes up but then no call actually goes through. Data and text work fine but I can't make calls. Please help.
  • Randall HerreraRandall Herrera Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I also cannot call over wifi on my nexus 5, first it displays the "weak network connection" screen, where I select regular call. Then the call screen comes up, but it stays at "CALLING ..." and it does not connect.

Please help, app version 16.02.291.0626
  • deanlideanli Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    same here. please help. app version 16.02.291.0626
  • sentmai00000sentmai00000 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Just received the global sim card and input into the phone, downloaded and installed the freedompop messaging app and getting the same "Currently unable to register with Freedompop server under this Wi-Fi configuration. Please try again or turn off Wi-Fi." message. Otherwise with wifi off it did seem to work. Any of you that had this problem before (above from 2015) get it solved?
  • sentmai00000sentmai00000 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Getting the same message "Currently unable to register with Freedompop server under this Wi-Fi configuration. Please try again or turn off Wi-Fi." Any of you from 2015 get this solved?
  • dckelldckell Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    Any answers ... This seems to be a common problem. it doesn't work for me over different wifi networks and on different devices, including phones and tablets. Always the Currently unable to register with Freedompop server under this Wi-Fi configuration. Please try again or turn off Wi-Fi." error.