**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Unable to place calls after activating trial of Premium Voice Service

Johnathan WaasJohnathan Waas Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Samsung S3, recently activated Premium Voice Service trial. I am no longer able to make calls when on cellular. I can receive calls when on cellular. If I turn wifi on, I can make and receive calls. I have tried updating the profile, PRL and a carrier update ##72786#. Please help. Thank you.

Comments

• Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross Posts: 143FreedomPop Newbie
    The way I understand Premium Voice to work is, you must be connected to wi-fi or data. Additionally it only works on outgoing not incoming calls. When you place a call and have Premium Voice activated and during the call the speed of your call 3G/4G LTE falls below 3g or 2g it will automatically switch the call. It is not something that you can activate by turning off wi-fi and data. That is the way I understand it. i have read though that some users have been able to "activate" the Premium Voice by placing a call, then turn wi-fi and data off and make the call, I have tried this to no avail and I have a S3 and a ZTE both from Freedompop. There is a category on this forum specifically about Premium Voice.
  • olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    @Johnathan Waas

Can you make calls over the data network? Meaning, when WiFi is off, do you see 3G or 4G on the phone and can you then make calls?

If not, maybe I'm having the same issue. I can't make any calls over the data network unless I start the call with WiFi and then turn off WiFi. Then it will work.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @Johnathan Waas I will have a forum agent further assist you. Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
    @Johnathan Waas I just activated Premium Voice on our other S3 and afterwards I was not able to make an outgoing call while on data. I went back and checked the other S3 and the ZTE an same with them, could not make out going call on data. I found a thread here that the solution was to : go to Applications, Messaging, Force stop, clear cache and clear data and that took care of the problem. Once I got all 3 phones functional, Premium Voice worked on all 3. Inside the house I had a 3G connection with 2 bars and when I placed the call Premium Voice activated. Looks good I haven't checked the quality of call but will try to do that tomorrow.
    @Mike (GS-3, 30th) Gross

I cleared the cache and it didn't fix mine, but I skipped clearing the data. So, I'll do that next to see if it helps.

If I remember correctly, text messages will be lost when clearing data, is that correct? (I only have one message on the phone, but I want to make sure others are informed.)
  • John Ryan John Ryan Posts: 38FreedomPop Newbie
    Mike: Did the calls actually go through? When premium voice gets triggered for me I get a "The number or code you dialed is invalid" recording on all calls.
    @olrs I tried clearing cache first but no go, cleared data and took care of problem but it also cleared text messages

@John Ryan I was in the house when all this was going on and I had a3G connection with 2 bars. With wi-fi off and data on I placed a call and Premium Voice activated (it displayed a message that it was) and a different GUI appeared giving me choices to end call etc..
    @Mike (GS-3, 30th) Gross

I did the same thing. I cleared the cache, it didn't help, but clearing data did. It deleted all text messages though.

How do you like the service so far?
    Mike: You still haven't indicated that the call actually went through. Everything you say your phone did mine did as well. Only it didn't ring the phone I was dialing. It rang then played a recording: "The number or code you dialed is invalid". Thanks!
    @ John Ryan Sorry about that John, yes the call went through normally would. I wish we new more details about it though. I have read that it doesn't activate on incoming calls only outgoing. When does it activate on the outgoing at the time of the call or at any time during the call if the signal drops below a certain level ?
    @Mike (GS-3, 30th) Gross

It will route over Premium Voice if the data connection is weak before you place the call. During a call over VoIP (3G or 4G) if the quality gets worse, it will stay on VoIP until it drops the call. That was my experience.
    @John Ryan

Did you dial the area code?
    Olrs - Thanks. And yes. I dialed various formats: 123-456-7890. I dialed 1-123-456-7890. I dialed 011 1-123-456-7890. I've been pretty thorough. Still get the same result.

"The number or code you dialed in not valid. Please check the number or code and try your call again".

Very frustrating.
  • John WardJohn Ward Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I had this same issue, it took removing premium voice and re-adding it. seems like it didnt get provisioned correctly the first time I added it. and yes I tried all the usual things first. I've read somewhere about a refresh being requested by some users, that may work as well as the removing and re-adding. one thing to note is you will be charged again when you re-add it which will require submitting a ticket to get refunded for the double charge.
    John Ward:

So... I tried cancelling "premium voice" last night. My account (on the web page) says it's not active. My PHONE says it is active. Still says it's active. Went through everything again (short of a complete phone reset).

Still tries to dial premium voice when the network is poor and still fails with the prerecorded message.

Rips hair out.
  • HARGOVIND JOSHIHARGOVIND JOSHI Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    After activating Premier Voice Plan on6/23/15 evening, I tried call on 6/24/15 morning, it won't call - message "NETWORK ERROR". Switched off the phone, restarted, FreedomPOP set up is running with spinning wheel shown on the left hand corner. It takes a long time before I get the message "FreedomPop set up Complete". Do not know what to do.