**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Premium Voice Problem waiting for support from FreedomPop

John Ryan John Ryan Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
Freedompop:

Re: Ticket 493899

I was promised to be contacted by today (6/10) with an update from your tier 2 support. Can you make sure this happens?

o I received an apology on 6/2 for being told on 6/1 I would be contacted in 24 hours (I wasnt)
o I received an apology on 6/4 for being told on 6/2 that tier two respondes 24-48 hours and I would be contacted on 6/3 (I wasnt).
o I sent numerous emails on this issue between 6/4 and 6/6 but received no response until 6/9.
o I received an apology on 6/6 for not being contacted by tier 2 and was told I should hear back from 6/10 (today).
o I received an apology via email (ticket 502297 autogenerated by my email) on 6/9 but with still no contact from tier 2

Please. I do not want another apology. I would like to be contacted by your tier 2 support on my issue. My service is severely impacted.

Thank you.

To the people of this forum:

Thank you very much but all suggestions (carrier-reset, profile update, prl update, force-stop the messenger app + clear data&cache, etc). Unfortunately none of those have been effective. Even a full phone reset. I suspect the problem is somewhere between Freedompop and Sprint.

If you have any suggestions on how to get Freedompop to follow through on their support promises I would very much appreciate hearing it.

Thank you!

Comments

• olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    @John Ryan

You posted a great example of how bad their support is.

I think their support would be better if they didn't get hundreds of email about the data issue (since they didn't clear it up for everyone right away) and if they didn't ask for speed tests (which shouldn't have be necessary since they already replicated the problem), and if so many didn't contact support before doing all the troubleshooting steps you did. (They sent out an email and text about what can be done.)

It looks like you've tried the troubleshooting steps and need additional help, but support is so behind it is taking them a long time to help you. :(

I feel bad that you're experiencing this and I hope someone is able to help you get this issue resolved right away.

Please let us know what fixes it.

Thanks!
  • John Ryan John Ryan Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
    I heard back from Freedompop! "Dads and Grads" special offer!

(/sarcasm)

What is sad is that in my original email on 6/4 expressing my frustration and desire to have my issue resolved, I included this:

"In spite of this particular issue with this new service, I'm a satisfied Freedompop customer and very pleased with the services you offer. Please take this criticism to heart and improve your customer's support experience. "

• Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross Posts: 143FreedomPop Newbie
    @John Ryan Not sure, but will ask anyway, on most/all (my experience anyway) you must always dial the area code when placing a call. When someone calls you they would get that message if ; they did not include and it needed to be there, and they would get that message if area code was dialed and not needed. I experienced this on my phones when I dialed from a land-line. I doubt this is the fix for your problem but worth mentioning.
    It's a fair question -- and I answered it under a different thread:

Olrs - Thanks. And yes. I dialed various formats: 123-456-7890. I dialed 1-123-456-7890. I dialed 011 1-123-456-7890. I've been pretty thorough. Still get the same result.

"The number or code you dialed in not valid. Please check the number or code and try your call again".

Very frustrating.
    @John Ryan

You heard back? What did they say?
    @John Ryan

It seems like you've done your part. I think you've been more thorough than most of their support representatives. Good job. I hope you stay on the forum you can probably help others with troubleshooting.
    I was being sarcastic. I got a "freedompop" advert in my email for 'grads' and 'dads'. I didn't hear back on my issue.
    (biting my tongue).

I was on the phone will support again. This time the story is that they are about to release a new version which should address "many of the issues" that have been reported with Premium Voice.

It should be available for download tonight or tomorrow morning according to the FP support rep I spoke with.
    @John Ryan

LOL, sorry about that. And I really did read your whole message but somehow it didn't make sense at the time I guess. That was my fault.
    Still no app. And Freedompop support keeps setting eta's that wiz by.

I'd be happier with a "yes there is a problem but right now we have no eta" than "oh, someone will call you tomorrow" or "we're releasing a new app which should fix the problem tonight or tomorrow".

It's wasting my time -- which is much more valuable to me than a low cost phone+data.
  • george smithgeorge smith Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Cancelled preminum voice service. When I try to make a call, call is transfered to preminum service. Phone becomes locked. please advise. george s.
    So... the latest update is that yesterday (6/17) I was contacted by the same FB rep who told me on 6/10 that they were about to release a new version of the app which should address my problems.

This is what he said:

(Jun 17, 9:19 AM) John:

I do apologize for the delay in response. I have been unable to reply to your emails because I haven't been in the office until today. I advised you to download the latest version of the FreedomPop Messaging app which is 16.02.254.0604. If you already had it installed then uninstalling and re installing it should fix the issue with Premium Voice. As a reminder, Premium Voice will be utilized when signal strength is weak and a normal VoIP call would be of poor quality.

==============================

Note: This is the EXACT same version that was released around 6/1 or 6/2 -- which I've already uninstalled and reinstalled -- including per Cesar's (the above tech) instructions.

This was my response:
    ==============================
    (Jun 17, 4:06 PM) Cesar:

I know the case notes are large but I've already done this several times. I've had the version you listed since it was first released on 6/2 or there abouts.

To humor you, I did it again. The issue unsurprisingly persists.

I've already reset the phone several times (to factory), reset carrier several times, updated profile several times, update the prl several times.

Can you explain why last week you told me that there should be an update in the play store which will fix this problem within a day or two and now you are telling me to uninstall and reinstall the same version that's over 2 weeks old -- and perform a process I've already been asked to perform without success?

Why not get tier 2 to call me like was originally promised on the 2nd, the 3rd, and on the 6th? Is there some reason why they cannot call me? I ask this because what began as a promising start with you is turning in to more inaccurate instructions and failure to answer specific and direct questions.
    Wow. It finally posted. Been pushing that once per day since last week.

Update:

The newest version (release I believe Saturday (6/20)) also didn't resolve my issue. I have given up hope of getting either assistance or a firm "sorry, it wont work with your phone" from FP support.