FreedomPop canceled non-working account AND working account, re-activated, double-billed, lost my #

Carolyn HamedCarolyn Hamed Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
On or around the 14th of May, I set up a new account with FreedomPop, and used the BYOD service to activate my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4.

On May 18th, after several days of trying unsuccessfully to get my phone to activate (it just wouldn't "take" - despite my online account showing the service as active, the phone kept displaying the hands-free activation attempts, which failed repeatedly), and trying every suggestion/idea I could find on FreedomPop's forums and elsewhere on the internet, I decided as a last-ditch effort to set up a new FreedomPop account and register my S4 with that one.
Lo and behold, that worked immediately, and I had service. Yay!

That same day, I sent a very simple request to FreedomPop via their support page/contact form: terminate the old account (old email address / old phone number), as I was able to successfully set up service with the NEW account (new email address / new phone number).

The next day -- May 19th -- I discovered that FreedomPop terminated BOTH accounts.

On or around May 28th, my new account was FINALLY re-activated, but with two problems:
1) the phone number I had before was gone, and in its place a number I did not want
2) my daughter's credit card was charged an activation fee when the account, which had already been activated before and paid for, was simply being re-activated

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    Hello @Carolyn Hamed I'm sorry to hear about your current troubles, I will have a forum agent take care of all your concerns :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • Carolyn HamedCarolyn Hamed Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you, Jorge. Here is the rest of my post that was cut off due to the character limit:

now: despite multiple support tickets and multiple emails, I do not have my old phone number back, and my daughter has not received a refund on her credit card for the second $19.99 activation fee that she should not have been charged. I have exchanged several emails with "Annrhea Bernardino" via email, but to no avail. The furthest I got was her directing me to the phone number change/port page - well, I do not have a number to port to FP, and I should not have to pay $4.99 to get my number back.

To summarize:
    1. 1st account with FP did not work, so I set up a 2nd account, which did work
    2. I contacted FreedomPop with an explanation of the difficulties I had, and asked them to terminate the first account
    4. FP terminated both accounts

4. upon contacting FP, they re-activated the 2nd account, but wrongly charged my daughter a second $19.99 activation fee (charge was done on 5/28), and as of 6/10 have not refunded it

5. I lost the phone number I chose for my 2nd account, and as of 6/10 I have not yet received it back - and I should not have to pay $4.99 to get it back

What I want:

I want the phone number I originally had with my working FreedomPop account back without me paying $4.99 for it, and I want my daughter to receive a refund of $19.99, as neither she nor I should be paying these amounts for two mistakes that FREEDOMPOP made, not us.
  • WeAreNotAloneWeAreNotAlone Posts: 61FreedomPop Newbie
    The above to me seems like a very simple request.

Please do a follow-up post detailing what transpires.

(Sort of amazed the request that the FreedomPop rep who was in charge of handling such a simple request mucked things up as it seems like this scenario happens enough that it would be considered a normal business transaction.)
    Translation-Nothing weird.... a 10yr old should be able to handle it.
  • olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    @Carolyn Hamed

Please keep us updated.