Off-Network Roaming

SalinaEd CSalinaEd C Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
The "Get Instant Answers" on the fp website says that fp does not support off-network roaming. When I check the coverage map on the fp website most of my state has 3g coverage and a small portion (fortunately where I live) has 4g lte coverage. I have not been able to connect in most of the 3g areas. I checked the Sprint site and nearly all the 3g coverage for my state is shown as off-network roaming. This seems to me like the fp site is inaccurate at best and also misleading. Am I seeing this correctly or is there something I'm missing?
Soli deo gloria

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @SalinaEd C
    Where is your service area? Hard to give any feedback without that bit of info.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SalinaEd C Unfortunately you won't be able to utilize Off Network roaming unless you're on the really old Premium 1GB trial which lasted for a day.

The FreedomPop map is not too accurate either, it's a good idea to stick with the Sprint one.
  • SalinaEd CSalinaEd C Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    I live in Salina Kansas. The question is not really my area but the accuracy of the map in general. Is the map accurate for fp users anywhere? Does it show coverage where there is actually 3g roaming thus making it inaccurate.? This can be verified anywhere on the map by comparing the fp map with the Sprint map.
    Soli deo gloria
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @SalinaEd C
    Use the Sprint coverage maps. Make sure you select the data only tab and specify LTE 4G or 3G only. A more accurate source may be sensorly.com, but their data relies on users actually using their app to report service strength. Therefore sensorly data reports are more sporatic, mostly along major roads.