What time zone is my data usage calculated in & how am I using data when I'm not online& puter off?

Andre  Pearcy Andre Pearcy Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I logged in at 1:30 AM, 6-13-15. The usage chart had 2:38 as the time. I had not been online 9AM, 6-12-15 yet the usage indicator shows that data was being used constantly while my laptop was off and stored in case, the modem unplugged.
It looks like I'm being charged for data when I'm not online, the computer isn't turned on and the modem isn't plugged in. I have auto-updates turned off.
I have never had this kind of problem before. At this rate I will be out of data in 2 weeks even if I don't log online again for the rest of the month.
I live in Ohio,USA.

Answers

• Andre  Pearcy Andre Pearcy Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Soooo....This question is not worthy of an answer or some type of response?
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    It's not a matter of a time zone issue, there is a significant delay between the time you use the data and the time it actually get reported to FreedomPop from sprint. The delay is up to 3 hours.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,281FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my checking up on myself, I noticed that the date/time is lagging current time. Every 15 minutes is a new usage report that is 1 to 3 hours previous.

So, If I see a reported line of 3:15 am 67 MB, then I assume that 67 MB got 'used' from 3:00:01 to 3:15:00. Aaand I see it posted to my account as late as 6:15 am (sometimes sooner)

There have be a few times with me and quite a few others where the usage did NOT line up with the usage detail report lines. A number of people suffered that during Nov & Dec of 2014. The noise (complaining/whining) since then has been mostly minimal.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also data usage is reported in UTC time.