Will I be charged if I go over the 1GB data plan even though I'm on the Unlimited plan?

newbUser4NownewbUser4Now Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
Under my My Usage Details
It shows all the throttled data I used past the 1GB mark. To the right of that, under the Sources column, it shows all that data as "Pay As You Go" .

Does that mean I will be paying for that throttled data, even though I choose the unlimited voice/text & Data plan?

Also can anyone tell me what the average throttled speeds are supposed? Is it throttled 4G speed or does it automatically drops down to 3G 7 then throttles those speeds?

Best Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    You won't be charged as the Pay as you go rate is 0¢ effectively meaning you won't be charged :-)
  • Andre  MelendezAndre Melendez Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    #3 Accepted Answer
    I'm currently on the Unlimited Plan myself and as of last month many users including myself have had our "Unlimited Plan" speeds change. Prior to last month... once you reached your 1GB soft cap, speeds were throttled down to around .50mbits over LTE and 3G was left unthrottled. The speeds were good enough for at least watching Netflix, Youtube and Streaming music. However as of last month things have seemed to change. At first it started with being throttled on both LTE and 3G to about .07Mbits.... After people started to complain in the forums as a result @Freedompop posted that they had some issue with an update and it effected "some" users. After about a week of those horrible speeds my speeds increased to .30Mbits. However at these speeds Netflix is barely usable, Youtube is usable at the lowest quality and streaming music is playable.

I've done extensive testing and read up on many issues about this and I hope @Freedompop increases the speeds back up to .50Mbits for LTE and returns 3G to untrottled speeds after the 1GB soft cap is reached. If not I see myself and many others going back to the free account and just getting multiple devices in order to supply our data needs.

For the record I have used FreedomPop since they started there service and I have told many people about this amazing service. Whenever I have reached out to customer service via emails or phone calls, I was treated with respect and they were able to help me out fully with whatever questions I had.