How do I enable the 'Data Compression' service?

thewampthewamp Posts: 77FreedomPop Newbie
I have the 'FreedomPop Premier' collection of services added to my plans for 4 phones.

'FreedomPop Premier' information relative to the 'Data Compression' states the following:

"Tp download and activate, use the following:

PC Client: Download Here
Mac Client: Download Here
App for Android Devices: Download Here"

QUESTIONS: Why do the above download links take me to the download location for 'Private Internet'?
Why does the Google Play store information relative to 'Private Internet', not mention 'Data Compression' if 'Private Internet' must be installed in order to get the 'Data Compression' service?

From: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/comment/51852/#Comment_51852, see my June 11, 2015, post and Sean G.'s reply, which I do not understand.

"Sean G. Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
June 12
Data compression is done via vpn,
or you can try google chrome and enable its data compression option called data saver, it doesnt touch ssl or incognito pages though, and only works for webpages opened with it"

Answers

• thewampthewamp Posts: 77FreedomPop Newbie
    Relative to my June 15, 2015, question: "How do I enable the 'Data Compression' service?" I was able to install 'Private Internet' on one of my 4 phones without any problems. The application needs to be manually turned on every time the phone is restarted. I would like to see an option to have it remain on when the phone is restarted.

I hope that 'Data Compression' is enabled when 'Private Internet' is on.