LG Optimus: I get a "authentication error" message when I try to update profile or PRL

Juan-Carlos CalderonJuan-Carlos Calderon Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
A few days ago I tried entering the MEID (for an LG Optimus Elite) on the BYOD activation page and the MEID was accepted, so I went ahead and created a Freedompop account. I have reset the phone (dialing ##786# and using my MSL code) and after that I have tried to update the profile and the PRL (while on WIFI), but I get an "authentication error" message.

Is there any solution (like resetting something) on the Freedompop side?
Unfortunately, I learned too late (checking the BYOD list) that the LG Optimus Elite is not in the list of supported phones, so maybe that's the issue...

If there is no solution with the LG Optimus Elite, should I pay again (~$20) if I bring another (supported) phone?

Thanks in advance,
Carlos

Best Answer

Answers

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Juan-Carlos Calderon
    Try updating over a known good wifi connection, with mobile data turned off. Does that work? Sometimes the 3G/4G signals are too weak.
  • Juan-Carlos CalderonJuan-Carlos Calderon Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I tried that, that's when I get the "authentication" error.
    When I try to update profile/PRL over 3G I get a "network error" - I assume this means that I don't have a 3G connection, which I already know :)
    Thanks!
    Hi,
    I tried over WIFI, that's when I get the "authentication" error.
    I also tried over 3G, but then I get "network" error - I assume that means that I have no 3G connection. which I already know :)
    Thanks!
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry that did not work. I guess you will need forum agent help.
    I am not familiar with this forum. Should I do something to get help from a forum agent? Just wait until he/she reads this thread? :)
    Thanks a lot!
    I got contacted by the agent. The LG Optimus Elite is not supported, so I will get a refund (activation fee) and try later one of the supported devices.

Thanks a lot, you (and the agent) have been very helpful!