**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

iPhone 6 BYOD activation

Mike S.Mike S. Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
I bought a iPhone 6 from Best Buy. It came new, unlocked, and with a Verison sim. I passed the MEID check and went on to ICCID but it just kept loading, so I bought a sprint sim and passed the ICCID check. I activated the iPhone 6. It is shown on my account as an iPad and I still have no service. I called customer/technical support and he said I had to change sim cards, in luck I had an extra sprint sim at home so we imputed it. This time no error came up but I still didn't receive service. I don't know if the tech people are working on it or not because I didn't receive an email or a call back yet. I also know that FreedomPop doesn't officially support the iPhone 6 but it passed the MEID and ICCID checks so I hope it works out. It would also be great for FreedomPop if this works, because it will open the iPhone 6 to many potential BYOD users. I hope that listing the admins names will get their attention for this matter. @Britknee_‌ @KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @Jorge M @FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌ @Taylor‌
@Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Michael Shohet Unfortunately the @-paging of an admin won't work anymore as all the names are inactive or invalid.

For your iPhone I would suggest you go to an Apple Store to get a new Sprint SIM card for free. You probably got an incorrect card which is why it wasn't working!

Also on the back of your iPhone does it say A1549 or A1586? The model number is specific to activation.
  • Mike S.Mike S. Posts: 26FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks @Ali for responding. I didn't know that paging admins wont work any more, it's good to know. On the Back of the iPhone it says A1549. Also what specific sim # do I need from the apple store.
    Thanks for responding @Ali I'm not sure why my previous comment did not post but if it did this one will just duplicate it. The back of the iPhone is A1549. What specific SIM card # do I need. I know that there are different card #'s needed for the 5 & 5s, so which card do I Get?
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Michael Shohet You will need the SIMGLW426C. Be advised your iPhone is originally a Verizon iPhone and so you won't get all of the band support for Sprint, so Spark won't work. Also there is no gaurantee for activation to be successful so proceed at your own risk!
    OK @Ali thanks for the help. I'll try getting a SIMGLW426C card. Ill post later today if it works.
    @Ali it works! It took me 4 different Freedompop reps to activate the phone :). The SIMGLW426C works with the iPhone 6. Thanks so much for your help I'm siked to use this phone with FreedomPop.
    @Michael Shohet Awesome stuff, congrats and I hope you enjoy your service :-)
  • Andrew ChanAndrew Chan Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Michael, did you get any insight into what was wrong? I'm trying to bring over a iPhone 5s and got to the activation page that said it is an iPad (I didn't proceed as I don't have any extra sims - just the one that passed the check with the MEID)
    @Andrew Chan The iPhone 5s, 5c, 6, and 6 Plus appear as an Apple iPad during activation however they have the same plans and everything so you won't have a problem with using your phone. It's really just an account cosmetic thing and your phone will definitely activate through if it shows as an iPad :)
  • tyler_matsontyler_matson Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali @Jorge M. I just recently purchased a sealed iPhone 5s and upon trying to activate it on the BYOD page, it says the device is not compatible with BYOD. I was wondering if there was anyway you would be able to assist me in activating the device.
  • Carlos Pellerano Nex5_6Carlos Pellerano Nex5_6 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi @Ali I just activated a iPhone 6 (A1549 ) and used a SIMGLW406R the one used for iPhone 5 in Sprint.Everything went threw on the account, but it is not completing the Service Update message with:Dial # # 873283 #.I called in and made a support request. While I wait I believe I will need a SIMGLW426C?
  • Carlos Pellerano Nex5_6Carlos Pellerano Nex5_6 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali I activated a iPhone6 Model A1549 with a SIMGLW406R, it will not complete the Service update. Will I need to get a SIMGLW426C? I already created a support request.
  • rishik12rishik12 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    This was an informative thread. We have an iPhone 6, unlocked, with an AT&T sim card. The freedompop onboarding process hangs after entering the ICCID number -- doesn't say yes, doesn't say no, it just spins. We are currently on AT&T.
  • rishik12rishik12 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I guess that was a noob question. I now get the CDMA/GSM issue, that you need a sprint (or sprint compatible) phone, etc. I guess we'll have to wait.
  • HeSoClutchHeSoClutch Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Which iPhone 6 models can be activated on freedom pop service?
  • Kevin StoutKevin Stout Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have a Sprint iPhone 6 model number A1586 that is failing the MEID test with freedompop byod. Is it possible to correct this and still activate the phone?
    It is a Sprint phone and since the 6 is supported now I was hoping it would work.
    edited October 2015 #19
    Hi @Ali the iPhone 6 has been working great with FreedomPop. I had even found your thread that allowed me to upgrade to $20 a month unlimited everything plan (after 1GB LTE falls to 3G... https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/8832/how-to-upgrade-to-the-19-99-unlimited-everything-plan) and I have been using that for about a month or two. My question is if I can enable a personal hotpot on my iPhone. I can't find the option in settings, under cellular. I talked to an Apple rep. and he told me that hotspots were based on carrier settings. I have tried removing my sim card, resetting the phone, and turning cellular data on and off. To refresh you this is an iPhone 6 unlocked from Verizon and I'm trying to activate a personal hotspot that is missing from my settings. Thanks a lot for all of your help.
  • Iolaire McFaddenIolaire McFadden Posts: 119FreedomPop Newbie

To refresh you this is an iPhone 6 unlocked from Verizon

@Michael Shohet was it hard to get the non Sprint iPhone 6 activated? Did you have to call customer support to activate? If so how many calls did it take.

I'm interested in getting a Plus but I'm very hesitant to spend over $500 on a phone when right now FreedomPop refuses (yet) to provide the details on BYO for the iPhone 6.
    It was not too hard to get the iPhone 6 activated once I had figured out what I needed to do. I did have to call customer support, but I'm not sure if you will have to. Once I figured out everything it only took me one call. All of the information that I received from Ali is on this page. I'm not sure if there's a difference with an iPhone 6 Plus. That again you should ask @Ali .
    BTW @Iolaire McFadden it is probably better to get a sprint phone to use on FreedomPop, since sprint is opening up its Spark Network. It is more probable that you will have less trouble activating a Sprint device compared to to another brand such as Verizon. My phone has been dropping LTE and 3G network a few times a day. It gave me an error message that the phone is not activated. I had learned to live with it but it was an irritation that would occur a few times a day. The problem could have stemmed from the fact that it was a Verizon iPhone 6. Just a few days ago I brought my iphone into the Apple Store to have the microphone fixed. They gave me a new phone since it was a hardware/software issue that I had not been responsible for creating. The brand new iPhone was a sprint device. It only took me a few minutes to set up and an activate. The fee was $20 and I called to get my old number transferred. On the web I navigated to the "Get 100% Free voice, text and data on your iPhone 6/6s" and the FreedomPop activation worked perfectly. My new Sprint iPhone 6 was up and running in minutes.
  • Iolaire McFaddenIolaire McFadden Posts: 119FreedomPop Newbie

BTW @Iolaire McFadden it is probably better to get a sprint phone to use on FreedomPop, since sprint is opening up its Spark Network. .... My new Sprint iPhone 6 was up and running in minutes.

Thanks, I'm just sitting and waiting. I feel like I'm either going to need to deal with **** (i.e. buy my own used Sprint phone that may not work) or just skip the upgrade. I will not pay a ton of money for another 16 gig phone, and I will only buy it if its unlocked - so I can use it when I travel - so likely I'll be stuck on the 5 for a few years. I find it hard to believe that FreedomPop will have access to anything other than the 16 gig phones...

On a side not I've been looking at ringplus, they at least have PDF with instructions on what to buy, which is a Unlocked (no carrier) iPhone, and they sell SIM cards to match the phone. That at least sounds more professional. (The sell iPhones but they are expensive and they don't tell you how many gigs they are.)