"Suspended due to insufficient credit"

poetinsfpoetinsf Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I don't have any service that requres credit. Yet, it says that my account is temporarilly suspended due to insufficient credit. the data nor the voice is working, even though the account summary says 192 min and 98mb left. How do I get the service restored?

Answers

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    Hello @poetinsf when you disable the Automatic Top-Up feature your account will be suspended when you reach the top-up threshold. However, if you exceed your free data allotment in a single session, your account may switch to pay-as-you-go mode. Note that data usage reporting may be delayed by up to three hours. Our system suspends activity if you are within 100MB of your monthly data allotment and your account has a credit balance of less than $2.

Additionally, you can select FreedomPop Usage Alerts from our Services page to receive alerts when you are approaching the end of your allotment of free data.
  • poetinsfpoetinsf Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    The actual usable data is then 400mb, not 500mb? Also, why does voice also stop working when it has 192 min left?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @poetinsf With auto top-ups turned off, your data will suspend within 100MB of your limit for your convenience so you won't be charged extra. If you add credit or if you turn this option off you will be able to use data to your full extent.

As data suspends, calling service does as well.
  • poetinsfpoetinsf Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Whoa, thanks. I suppose you get what you paid for..
  • newbUser4NownewbUser4Now Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    Ali said:

@poetinsf With auto top-ups turned off, your data will suspend within 100MB of your limit for your convenience so you won't be charged extra. If you add credit or if you turn this option off you will be able to use data to your full extent.

As data suspends, calling service does as well.

I don't understand, if you have unlimited talk & text, they will be suspended if you use up all your data for the month?
  • jimrichjimrich Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge M. said:

Hello @poetinsf when you disable the Automatic Top-Up feature your account will be suspended when you reach the top-up threshold. However, if you exceed your free data allotment in a single session, your account may switch to pay-as-you-go mode. Note that data usage reporting may be delayed by up to three hours. Our system suspends activity if you are within 100MB of your monthly data allotment and your account has a credit balance of less than $2.

Additionally, you can select FreedomPop Usage Alerts from our Services page to receive alerts when you are approaching the end of your allotment of free data.

Hi Jorge:
    My Usage Alert option is on but I've never seen such an alert! Does the "alert" come to my email or what? I have exceeded my allotted data several times but never have been warned about it. What should I do to get these free Usage Alerts?
    :) jim