Activating a Laptop/Thinkpad

Paul JewellPaul Jewell Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Hello Folks,

I know this is a stretch but I was looking to find out if it is possible to activate a thinkpad with WWAN support to use freedompop services. The machine I use has this wireless hardware: (Link), the sierra wireless/gobi 3000. The machine is capable of reading a standard SIM card to activate the hardware. I had heard that it is possible to obtain one of these cards from a sprint store and activate it to use with freedompop service, but the discussions are few and far between, without any real confirmation that this can work. I am looking to find out if I should look into trying this, or if it is impossible and I am wasting my time.

Thank you for reading,
-Paul

Comments

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @Paul Jewell By no means an authoritative answer, but as I understand things:
    Sprint use the SIM to authorize LTE service & the Gobi 3000 doesn't support LTE.
    Whilst it does support CDMA, given the restrictions on what phones can be used with FP's BYOD & the fact that FP don't currently support BYOD on hotspots, my guess would be that this probably isn't going to work. :/