**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

switch sim to moto g 2014 US GSM from lg optimus f3

prakash hedaprakash heda Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I got lg optimum f3 last week and it got lot of issues, I bought unlock Moto g2014 US version and would like to switch the sim to it.

can someone guide what's the process?

Thx ~ Prakash

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    A GSM phone will not work on a Sprint network, which FreedomPop is using.
    Is the Moto G Sprint branded?
  • prakash hedaprakash heda Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    no its not

below article suggests freedompop support other than sprint did I miss anything?
    http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/02/sprint-blacklist-ending-freedompop-adds.html
    edited June 2015 #4
    @prakash heda
    The current list is in the first post here:
    http://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/6319/freedompops-supported-byod-list-sprint-apple-devices-dated-2-20-2015

If your phone is not Sprint-branded, then which carrier is the phone from?
    It would have to come from a Sprint MVNO or Apple (Sprint model) at a minimum.
    Does it support Sprint CDMA?
    I bought unlock Moto g2014 US version, its not CDMA for sure. I bought specifically for freedompop so I will return this to amazon now

I hate current freedompop lg options f3 phone it sucks big way....

question is how can I get a lollipop freedompop phone (android auto ) and has sdcard as well? what all should I look for before I click buy?

does freedompop sells one?

I dont want to spent more than $200

@prakash heda

I have not heard of any FP phones coming with Lollipop, except maybe the Nexus 5. You should be able to get a Sprint-branded Galaxy S4 on ebay for around $120 - $170. An over the air update to Lollipop is out for them (I believe).
    @prakash heda
    That is the right model. You will also need a SIM. Check the first post's SIM section in this thread for the right SIM model.
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/6319/freedompops-supported-byod-list-sprint-apple-devices-dated-6-22-2015/p1
    cant i use sim came with LG optimus f3?

if not this is seriously painful to get a byod on freedompop, thx for pointing about sim requirement, i looked into that article 10 times, and could not see there is a sim requirement....
    edited June 2015 #10

cant i use sim came with LG optimus f3?

If the sim is the same model number for both phones, yes, but you cannot just switch them. Customer Service must do that for you, so you cannot just activate the MOTO G with the same sim and then ask Customer Service to switch your numbers.

I don't see the sim model number for the Moto G listed in the supported BYODs thread. You will need to confirm with Sprint or FP which model to use.
    thx, the fact is i have lg optimus f3 working freedompop phone, and now i bought s4 locked to sprint and not prepaid. want to move f3 simto s4

seems like u are saying f3 sim cannot be switched to s4 (1.its not possible at all or 2.customer support usually do that?)

if its not possible than what is the way to aquire proper sim?
    From the BYOD Supported phones thread, referenced above, you need this one for the S4:
    Samsung Galaxy S4-->> SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR

Sorry, I was confused because the title of the thread mentions Moto G.

I do not know know what model SIM your F3 comes with, but you can check that yourself.
    okay here is some info i learned from freedompop support....

sim is completely optional and needed only if you must have LTE, otherwise cdma is enough

anyway brand new fully paid S4 was still rejected as FEC check is missing, and heres another learning....noone can help with issue, even sprint

learning: mistake which i made and others can avoid is:
    before picking up phone check FP byod link for MEID number and if it fails dont buy it, nothing u can do to fix it (basically sprint want to create as many issues as he can to avoid u to move to FP)

best way to do is go to store enter meid number from box label and if that work buy....

if u have to buy online order 5 phones dont open them, first validate meid/esn number from label and then keep the one works and return rest of them unopened

this is what i am gonna do....

only and only after phone works fully on FP then get a compatible sim.....

hope this helps future buyers

@prakash heda
    Yes, new, fully-paid Sprint phones must be activated on a Sprint account for at least a month. Forgot to mention that.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @prakash heda If you still have your phone please send me your MEID number so that I can clear the FEC for you.
    one month requirement is not true....

i was able to clear fec code using ting in just 1 day, they have an option to request sprint for new bought fully paid phones.....

after i initiated process to clear ting for 1 day even sprint could not locate my meid number, after 36 hours FP was able to accept it....

android auto is working fine...

funny thing is even FP supervisor told me there is no way this phone can be activated on FP.....and he was not even willing to initiate a case with sprint....