**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Doesn't seem to have any effect

Kent TracyKent Tracy Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
I have purchased the Premium Voice plan, but it has, as yet, done nothing as far as I can tell.

It has not detected a weak connection and prompted a switch to cellular as advertised.

Call quality over 3G/4G is abysmal. I had hoped Premium Voice would help.

Please help.

Comments

• John Ryan John Ryan Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
    Turn off wifi, turn off cellular data, try to make the call with your phones native dialer.

If you cant, you may need to jump through the fiery hoops of death (update prl, update profile, reinstall app, etc etc etc) and try again.

If that doesn't work call support and kill a few weeks of your time like I did with nothing to show for it.

Best of luck to you! At least better luck than I've had.
  • Harvey YongHarvey Yong Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    This Premium Voice plan is ridiculous. So Freedompop is telling you that you can have better voice quality if you pay extra for it?? That means the FP service is below quality already. I've debated whether or not to drop Freedompop all together because of it's flaky connectivity. I feel that sometimes it isn't worth trouble to deal with this service. It's an inferior good. Well $0 a month gets you poor service... sounds fair I suppose. But spending $35 a month with T-mobile to get reliable service is starting to sound good to me.
  • Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross Posts: 143FreedomPop Newbie
    The Premium Voice has worked on our phones, Galaxy S3 and ZTE force. Here is my opinion on how it works. It only works on outgoing calls, and it will only activate at the time when you place the call, what I'm saying is when you place a call the app determines at that time whether or not the data connection is good enough to place a VOIP call, if it is, it proceeds, if not the Premium Voice is activated. That is how it has worked for us. We happen to live in a reasonably strong LTE area bt there are some dead zones. The Premium Voice has solved a huge problem for FP, users were saying, you sold me a phone and I can't make a call, and ow they can.
  • D Alexander MunozD Alexander Munoz Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Premium Voice (PV) only works on OUTGOING calls when you have NO DATA CONNECTION. You will see a notice saying that it is going to Premium Voice for the call. So if you have 4G, 3G or Wi-fi, you will never go to PV service using Sprint cellular network. I have confirmed this with another rep ... after the sales rep told me that I would be able to choose when making the call - that I would have a button and be able to choose. False. Seems that even most reps don't understand how their own service works. BTW caller ID number wrong on VP, I just discovered that when you are calling using PV, your actual number does not appear to the person you are calling, their caller ID shows some other area code an number appears, didn't write down for now, but area code begins with a 5.
  • Harvey YongHarvey Yong Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    After over a month of having the Premium Voice service, I've only seen it activate twice during two outgoing calls-- both times failing and resulting in an error message. I'm not so sure that PV is even really necessary or functional at all. I'm beginning to think it's some gimmick to charge an extra fee and to get rid of that annoying "Your network signal is weak. Do you want to continue?" warning.