Recommended aps, find WIFI

Frank BaileyFrank Bailey Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
Still exploring and tweaking my FP Galaxy S3. The free plan with proper use could be more than enough phone for many people. One way to enhance this is of course to use WIFI as much as possible even using Hangouts Dialer with Google Voice so as to save FP usage for when you're away from WIFI. Of course we can always upgrade our plan.

WIFI Map- Passwords in the play store will show you where WIFI spots exist. Supposedly works without a data connection. Still experimenting.

In theory you could be out of minutes and data in unknown territory, fire up WIFI Map, find and connect to a free hotspot, make calls through Hangouts Dialer and of course read email surf the net etc. This will be great when traveling.

Now all I need is an app to find Sprint towers, my area is a bit sparse.

Let me know what you think.

StillHacking

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    In your search, remember some fast food chains have free wifi (McDonalds, Burger King) and Starbucks has good wifi.
  • Frank BaileyFrank Bailey Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    Looks like there are many similar aps out there. I noticed that if you are in airplane mode the map does not populate. I guess it's best to just head to McDonalds, Panerabread, ETC. I haven't had to hunt for WIFI for some time. So far so good with my FP experience. I hope they knock the competition on their ears...