Overage charge after downgrade, where is my free promotional data ?

K CHAOK CHAO Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I signed up BYOD with my old Sprint S2 phone on May 11, with a promotional one month free 1GB data. With 10 plus friends, the total data available to me free the first month should be 2GB. By Jun 8, I still have 1.5 GB left, that is the time I downgrade my service to free service only. My understanding is the 1 GB promotional should be prorated, but based on the overage charge of $1.64 I got (82MB), it was not. I lost 1GB when I downgrade the service. The total usage I had was 1.082 GB.

Is this an error in the billing system ? or this is how "free promotion" works from Freedompop! You have a free promotional service, but when you opt out, it took away all the "promotional" stuff which supposed to be free for you to try out. In my case, 1GB data. In my case, if I use 2.0 GB at end of the billing cycle and I downgrade my service to free, I will be charged for 1GB overage ! This does not sound right to me for a "free promotion" once you cancel you lost the "free".

Answers

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    Hello @KEOU CHAO I will have a forum agent further assist you and address your current concerns :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • John GolenJohn Golen Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have this same question. What happens if you downgrade from the 1GB 1-month free trial before the end of the (free) billing cycle to avoid the $19.99 charge on the start of the 2nd month? If you have used more than 500MB at the time you downgrade the "free plan" are you billed for overages?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope,
    Say you've used 978MB and you downgrade.
    You drop to 0 and not negative.
    Nothing owed.
    DO downgrade the day before cycle to be safe. On cycle day it has cycled as early as 5pm for one of my devices.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs