Data usage?

Laura HannaLaura Hanna Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I have the Unlimited Talk and Text for $4.99 with the FREE Pro Data Plan (500MB); my question is - how does my phone use data when it is on my home wifi while I'm sleeping?

Jun 25, 2015 4:38 AM Plan Usage 16 MB
Jun 25, 2015 4:24 AM Plan Usage 4 MB

Answers

• Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the phone, to save energy in deep sleep mode, will cut the WiFi off and use cellular data. Check these settings:
    Menu > Settings > Wi-Fi > Press the menu key > Advanced > Click the box under Keep Wi-Fi On During Sleep and select "Always"

For some phones, however, even if this is checked will still do it sometimes. You may need an app like this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=opotech.advancedwifilockfree
  • Laura HannaLaura Hanna Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Thank you. It was set on Never; I changed it to Always.
  • Laura HannaLaura Hanna Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    After having changed the setting, it is still using data when my phone is on wifi?

My Usage Details

Jun 24 - Jul 24 (current)

Talk

Text

Data

International

Actual data usage may be delayed up to 3 hours.

Date

Time

Source

Data Used

Jul 2, 2015 7:55 AM Plan Usage 2 MB
    Jul 2, 2015 4:02 AM Plan Usage 3 MB
    Jul 2, 2015 3:22 AM Plan Usage 23 MB
    Jul 2, 2015 3:07 AM Plan Usage 12 MB
    Jul 1, 2015 8:37 PM Plan Usage 3 MB
    Jul 1, 2015 8:11 PM Plan Usage 2 MB
    Jul 1, 2015 6:26 AM Plan Usage 0 MB
    Jul 1, 2015 3:43 AM Plan Usage 1 MB

Jun 30, 2015 7:56 PM Plan Usage 2 MB
    Jun 30, 2015 5:08 AM Plan Usage 1 MB
    Jun 29, 2015 5:29 PM Plan Usage 0 MB
    Jun 29, 2015 11:46 AM Phone Call Data Credit ⁺ 0 MB
    Jun 29, 2015 9:30 AM Plan Usage 0 MB

See more Transactions

The other times look correct as I was at work and not on wifi.
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry it has taken so long to respond! It may be another issue: FreedomPop's data reporting is not time accurate, but the usage is. So it will list that you were using the data, when really you used it earlier. FreedomPop says to wait for up to 3 hours for accurate reporting of what was used.. The timestamps, however, are inaccurate.

I used (on purpose) a great deal of data within an hour timeframe. I measured this data myself. On that hour on my account, it greatly underestimated the amount used. I no longer had the device on, but it was still saying I was using data in the hours after that. After 4 hours, the total data I used in that one hour was reported.

I would use "Data Usage" under Settings to tell what data you really used during the day.