I need to unlock my S3 to use with a different carrier.

David WardDavid Ward Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I already canceled my freedompop service and i want to use my phone with another carrier. How do I do this?

Answers

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI, The only other carriers that can provide service for that phone is another Sprint MVNO, like Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Ting.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @David Ward The SIII does not have a SIM card. As a result you will not be able to take it to a GSM carrier. Which carrier would you like to go to?
  • David WardDavid Ward Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    the MEID is locked to freedompop. im not able to activate with another carrier until freedompop unlocks it
    freedompop has my phone locked. i need them to unlock my MEID
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015 #6

freedompop has my phone locked. i need them to unlock my MEID

Once it is cancelled, it should have release it. They do not lock the phones. It is possible that it is still active. You may need to call to double check.

BTW Boost no longer supports the S3
    http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/06/list-of-sprint-phones-allowed-on-boost.html
    @David Ward In order to proceed I'll need to know which carrier you're going to!
    I want to go with Virgin Mobile
    @David Ward Please call customer service at (888) 743-8107 and press 3 for technical support. Let them know you would like your MEID released!