Is 500 MB per month really free?

Val KartchnerVal Kartchner Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I'm signed up for the free 500 MB per month FREE plan. However, I've been charged $9.99 for each of the past three months. When I go to "My Account => Overview" it shows My Data Plan as Free 500 MB. However, under My Services it shows FreedomPop Premier with a $9.99/month charge? Is FreedomPop really free?

Comments

• SEAN OGORMANSEAN OGORMAN Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
    Yes, it is free. You agreed to the Premier service when you signed up (likely a trial offer for the first month), and have not yet canceled it. Under the My Account tab on the FreedomPop site, select Services, and then you'll see FreedomPop Phone Premier, and there should be an option to downgrade that service.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    Hello @Val Kartchner I will be glad to have a forum agent downgrade your account. Please let me know if you would like me to proceed.

@SEAN OGORMAN Thanks for the support :+1:
  • Val KartchnerVal Kartchner Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the quick replies. I've been busy so I haven't got back to this discussion until now.

I followed the directions that SEAN OGORMAN gave, but there is no option to downgrade that service. The only option is to "View Details". Below that is some other plans that I can upgrade to, but no downgrade option.

Jorge M. I'd like to have an agent downgrade the account. But why is there no way (that I've yet been able to find) to do it myself? Why does it require an agent? I think that if I tell people of my experience with FreedomPop they will avoid it.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    Hello @Val Kartchner I will have the forum agent take a look into your account as to why you were not able to downgrade, since every user should have the ability to do so at will :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • goldminerrigoldminerri Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I just signed up for service and a freedompop phone i have not recieved yet, When should I cancel my 19.95 service as I want to try freedompop and then upgrade when my Tracphone minutes are gone. I don' want to pay the 19.95 the second month.