I cannot set up my voicemail or use GoSMS Pro message app

Melanie TylerMelanie Tyler Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
I am new dealing with all of this so please forgive my ignorance but I'm having a couple of problems that I don't know how to fix. I've read so much that I've gotten myself confused & I would really appreciate some help. I use GoSMS Pro Messenger & GoSMS Pro Keyboard & I've tried to use them on my FP phone but keep getting a failed message alert "you are not allowed to send text messages.msg 2120" from 9230. I also cannot set up my voicemail. I`ve got a Samsung Galaxy S3. Could someone Please let me know how to remedy these situations, in laymens words. Thank you all very much.

Best Answers

• Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer

I am new dealing with all of this so please forgive my ignorance but I'm having a couple of problems that I don't know how to fix. I've read so much that I've gotten myself confused & I would really appreciate some help. I use GoSMS Pro Messenger & GoSMS Pro Keyboard & I've tried to use them on my FP phone but keep getting a failed message alert "you are not allowed to send text messages.msg 2120" from 9230. I also cannot set up my voicemail. I`ve got a Samsung Galaxy S3. Could someone Please let me know how to remedy these situations, in laymens words. Thank you all very much.

FreedomPop uses the Messaging App to send messages, which uses SIP. It is incompatible with other SMS programs, since it is not using cellular SMS to send texts. The GoSMS app is trying to send using the native system. I have similar issues with this and other apps since I use Google Voice as my primary SMS service.

Answers

• Melanie TylerMelanie Tyler Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    @Adolfo Galvan ,Thank you for taking the time to answer me. Since you are using Google Voice & not the Messenger thru FP is there a way that I can use GoSMS Pro?
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 720FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭

@"Adolfo Galvan" ,Thank you for taking the time to answer me. Since you are using Google Voice & not the Messenger thru FP is there a way that I can use GoSMS Pro?

Unless FreedomPop can find a way to integrate the Messaging into the native code without root, probably not.
  • Melanie TylerMelanie Tyler Posts: 20FreedomPop Newbie
    You just lost me, root?