Porting freedompop number to new phone on same account.

Teresa AndrewsTeresa Andrews Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
Thought this would be fairly easy...

My previous FP phone died, so I purchased a new one within the same account. (order: 25653388).

Thought I could port over the old FP number to the new phone once the phone was kitted, but when I click on 'phone number' and enter the number from the original phone, it says the number is invalid and not eligible.

Suggestions on how to port the old number on the new phone? Seems like it should be possible.

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @Teresa Andrews To get your old number transferred to your new phone you will first need to activated your new phone using a different email. Once you get your new phone activated post back to this thread request that a Support ticket be created to swap the phone on the two accounts.
  • Teresa AndrewsTeresa Andrews Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Richard,

Thanks - so is it going to be a problem that I have the phones on the same FP account? Do I need to somehow transfer the new phone to another account?
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @Teresa Andrews You will not need to move one of the phones to another account. FP should be able to make the swap between the two phone.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,386 admin
    Hello @Teresa Andrews I will be glad to have a forum agent further assist you with your swap request :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • Teresa AndrewsTeresa Andrews Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok, thank you :)