**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

MMS on Freedompop

JakeGoslingJakeGosling Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
Hey guys,

I was wondering in light of the new funds available to Freedom-pop and the large amount of people talking about and people requesting support. If there was an ETA on when group messaging and Media messages would be supported. I, as I am sure there are many that would also volunteer to do any beta testing that you require to get this up and going. I have been super impressed by the quality of the service so far. It's clear somethings are still in beta but the only thing that is really been a problem is the lack of being able to use these features.

Thanks

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @JakeGosling thank you for your feedback! I will relay this to our team as we always strive to achieve for the best through our users feedback :+1:
  • David PushicDavid Pushic Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    MMS capability has been promised to us as being 'just around the corner" or 'almost ready to implement" by Freedompop representatives for a year now. This was a direct obstacle to getting other family members switched over, and is a pain for me also.
  • Gary HallGary Hall Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    July 9, 2015. What is the latest on the functionality of receiving MMS text messages? Trying to explain the benefits of FreedomPop to others is hard to do when you can't receive a simple image.
  • jimmurrayjimmurray Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Agree with the group messaging need. Bought an iphone for my son in college. He plays baseball and the team communicates with the coach through group messaging only. This is his sole reason for not adopting FP. Please FP == get the group messaging operational! BTW, we have four of your devices for four family members and I recommend your service to all my students in school -- I'm a teacher.
  • JakeGoslingJakeGosling Posts: 14FreedomPop Newbie
    There has been rumblings on the forum that mms will work if you have the premier service. Can anyone confirm this?
  • weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    it isn't listed on those services yet(premium plus & premier), i believe that it is included. i will try to get that confirmed, i am on the free plan so it is 1.99/mo there.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    It is included with any bundle, but group messaging leaves a lot to be desired. If you try to send a group message then it will be delivered multiple times.

Say for instance I have four FreedomPop users in a group message from my AT&T phone. All four of those people will get that message four times each
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Scott EddyScott Eddy Posts: 42FreedomPop Newbie
    And, you can't reply to the group in a group message. When my daughter's coach sends a message to the whole team, she gets the message, but if she replies it only gets sent back to the coach, not the entire team. In fact, she has no way of knowing who all was included on the original message, only that it was sent by her coach.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Scott Eddy
    Try Google Hangouts
  • Scott EddyScott Eddy Posts: 42FreedomPop Newbie
    I had the same result with hangouts. Are you able to reply to the entire group in hangouts?
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Scotty Eddy
    Yes, I have one group that I use that way. Perhaps they must all on Hangouts though, I am not sure.
  • ming trinhming trinh Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    MMS Messaging still not available in UK, very annoying. Can't text or call international numbers either. going to give up on this network