**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

80% Off - Kyocera Hydro Icon LTE- Only $49.99!

Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
edited June 2017 in Exclusive Deals #1

Phone Description
  • Certified Water Resistant & Dust Resistant
  • 4.5" IPS impact-resistant
  • Capacitive touchscreen qHD 960 x 540 pixels
  • Talk Time up to 14 hours
  • Times will vary based on user settings, feature use and network configuration.
  • 5.1 oz, 144 grams
  • 8MP rear-facing with flash and camcorder
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • 3G/4G LTE/Enhanced LTE

Post edited by Jorge on

Comments

• SEAN OGORMANSEAN OGORMAN Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
    Great phone, I'll be ordering one as soon as I get home from work. I had a Hydro Vibe on Virgin Mobile, probably one of my favorite phones, but I dropped VM for FP and gave the phone to my sister. For whatever reason, she doesn't like it, but I assume it's because it doesn't have the cool factor of an iPhone.

Pros:
    Excellent battery life
    Waterproof (duh)
    Decent screen despite the "low" resolution

Cons:
    Camera struggles to focus
    Last I checked, locked bootloader and no root method, if that's your kind of thing.
  • SEAN OGORMANSEAN OGORMAN Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
    Also, I don't know how the design of the Icon compares to the Vibe, but the Vibe had chrome plastic trim around the side that would chip very easily, so if there is something similar on the Icon, I'd imagine that B stock phones would show sign of this. It wouldn't particularly bother me because on my Vibe, even with a case installed (which is unnecessary), it would still find a way to chip.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @SEAN OGORMAN Thank you for your feedback! Anyone who purchases the HYDRO feel free to post pictures of where you tested out the water resistant feature! Some FreedomPop gear will be provided to those who share :)
  • Landon BabbittLandon Babbitt Posts: 53FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    As soon as I get home from vacation I'm planning on buying it as well, I have been researching this phone for quite some time now, and from what I understand this phone has wireless charging and it has the FM radio on it, and its waterproof wich is amazing!!
  • mc2 w.mc2 w. Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Presently, I am using FP Nexus 5 that comes with one-year service. If I buy this FP Kyocera Hydro Icon, can I request the one-year plan be transferred to this phone? I want to free up the Nexus 5 so that I can use it on T-Mobile.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    This phone comes with the stock Kyocera version of Android, instead of the usual FreedomPop variant rom. So as a result this device isn't rooted, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing as Kyocera doesn't make too many modifications to the stock Android rom like other companies. Needless to say I am impressed with the device although there is one complaint I have. Lack of storage space (about 4GB of usable space) but that can be easily fixed with an SD card.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • NathanielNathaniel Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, I just received the Freedompop Kyocera Hydro Icon. I must say, it is certainly waterproof. This will replace my older Freedompop Galaxy Victory. Seems sleek and swift so far. https://youtu.be/7_RVSjDeuZQ

edited July 2015 #9
    Post edited by Nathaniel on
    I would have would have posted a video of the hydro icon water resistance test but unfortunately the back cover of my icon doesn't seal properly and water seeped into my device. Fortunately I was able to get it out before any serious damage was done. My word if advice if there are any noticeable gaps between the battery cover and the phone after repeated pressing of all sides of the back cover. See below. Do not expose the device to water, the back cover needs to be replaced immediately. I'm not too mad about it since I was able to keep the phone from getting damaged but I would like it if FreedomPop would send me a replacement back cover.

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

Hello @Ryan Radford +2 sorry to hear about the back cover, I will see what I can do about getting you a replacement as soon as possible! Can't wait to see that video :)
    edited July 2015 #12
    Well you'll probably see the video sooner, as I ordered more of these devices. Why you ask? Because I can. The next one will hopefully be here on July 14th or 15th.
    Post edited by Ryan Radford 2 on

• Robert ChernesRobert Chernes Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Ordered the Hydro and was very satisfied but discovered that my headphone jack does not work. Tried multiple pairs of earbuds. Anyone else receive a phone with a broken jack?
  • 64user64user Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    Mine also came with two broken tabs on the back cover. One outer one was missing, and one inner one was bent over as if someone had pushed the cover on with the tab out of alignment. When I tried to bend it back it broke.
    I just received my Kyocera Hydro Icon this morning, and ive dropped it in the pool and from the roof multiple times and it is still in very good condition
    Hey @Landon Babbitt thanks for sharing your awesome pics! We would love to feature them on an upcoming social media post with your permission, so please let us know!
    Are we still eligible for free FreedomPop gear?
    @Nathaniel I will PM you to confirm your shipping address :+1:
    Ya I would be honored if you showed off my photos
    And am I eligible for the Freedompop gear as well? Or was it just one person?
  • OnaquestOnaquest Posts: 27FreedomPop Newbie
    I want to purchase this phone for my mother. She has low vision issues. What is the return policy/restocking fees associated with this deal.
  • Peter RussoPeter Russo Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Will someone please get my freedompop account up to date showing that I have the Kyocera hydro Plus a Hub Burst. I login to my account and cannot see nor manage my devices. The Hub Burst is not able to get me on the internet but only sends a device signal to my computer. It connects to my wireless "computer" adapter, but cannot allow me to use the browser to actually connect to the internet.
    I suspect Freedompop has lost track of my devices. HELP!
  • spankmonkeyspankmonkey Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Tomorrow (21 July) will mark 2 weeks since I ordered my phone. 2 weeks that my phone hasn't come out of being allocated. If I can't even get my phone in the 2 week maximum how do I cancel my order?
    Alright now here is my video of what the water resistance will and will not do to the device.

• michael possmichael poss Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I bought this phone a few days back and I can not find what email address I used to order, so now I am unable to monitor the progress of the device. I tried using the forgot password feature on the freedompop website but it seems that it says it will send out a reset password to any email address you put in.
This discussion has been closed.