The math does NOT add up: Premium 4GB service

Robert McClureRobert McClure Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
Hello all,

I want to upgrade my service to give more data, but Freedom Pop's support email has been less than useless, after a week they have not even answered my email. STRIKE ONE
I was thinking about upgrading to the Premium 4GB service which is $29.99 a month. I clicked on the button and then found the following fine/small print:

Quote: Your new data plan will take effect immediately, and you will be removed from your previous data plan. The new reduced rate per GB will be just $22.49 per GB ($89.97 total). Any applicable charges will be applied to your credit card on file. End Quote

HUH???

I want to know in what alternate reality that math works? $29.99 for 4 GB of data works out to roughly to $7.49 per GB. Where do they get "just $22.49 per GB ($89.97 total)?" Needless to say I'm reluctant to upgrade. STRIKE 2

If Freedom Pop monitors the forums and you want to keep me as a customer, I'd contact me at [email protected] gmail.com ASAP.
If someone else can help me out, please do. I would really appreciate it.

73, Rob, KC5RET

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    Hello @Robert McClure sorry to hear about the confusion you currently have, please allow me to have a forum agent further assist you and make sure we get all this cleared up :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robert McClure Hey there Robert, the $89.97 total is for billing in a three month plan. So you only pay $90 once every three months and you won't have to worry about monthly billing.

The $22.49/GB appears to be a typo regarding overage fees.
  • Dave AmdurDave Amdur Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    edited June 2016 #4
    test
    Post edited by Dave Amdur on