**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Premium Voice

Carl FalconeCarl Falcone Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
So how are most people finding premium voice service? I find a bit of a lag.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carl Falcone So far for me the service works great. It works over Sprint's network which is nice when data is not reliable.
  • Michael YounbeckMichael Younbeck Posts: 16FreedomPop Newbie
    So instead of using VOIP over the 3G network, it uses Sprint's voice network as though you were actually signed up with Sprint?
  • Carl FalconeCarl Falcone Posts: 46FreedomPop Newbie
    I used it again this weekend down in South Jersey. Only had a 3g connection so it went to Premium Voice and it worked well when I made calls. Unfortunately it does not work for incoming calls and the 3g connection was so bad the phone was useless. Don't get me wrong, its free and I understand FP is still in open Beta so its fine, I'm just saying it's far from perfect. Better yes, but still needs work.
  • Lawrence ReissLawrence Reiss Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    edited July 2015 #5
    Premium voice is a fantastic thing!!! Although it works only for outgoing calls, it goes far to solve a major drawback of FP service. Common folks, consider the amazingly low cost of what you are getting!!!. How much $ are you saving each month by using this service?

If in a low data service area and you get an incoming call that is of low quality, you can call the party back - that way you can get a premium voice cellular connection.

As another option, you could consider carrying a pay as you go, phone from another carrier if you occasionally go places where Sprint doesn't work.
    Post edited by Lawrence Reiss on