**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Stop Android firmware/rom updates on cellular network?

Wade BuchananWade Buchanan Posts: 62FreedomPop Newbie
I have my Google Play store set to not update my apps. I have all my background data except the essential services disable to conserve how much data I use. I am on Wifi most of the time, but I swear the last couple of times I have wandered out of Wifi range I am getting a Android update pushed to me over the cellular network. I am hoping someone here knows how to prevent this from happening and to only use the Wifi, or just alert me there is an update that I can download when I am on the Wifi network. There is no reason that I can think of where I should have these updates pushed to me over the cellular network, and it seems like these are waiting for me to leave the Wifi so they can be pushed. I don't know at this point so I am looking for some feedback on your experience disabling these Android updates. They are 89mb a piece. Thanks for your help and feedback.

These are clearly not coming from the Google Play store at this point or if they are they are disregarding the setting that says do NO updates. Thoughts?

Comments

• Wade BuchananWade Buchanan Posts: 62FreedomPop Newbie
    So nobody knows how to stop these Android updates? This is pretty depressing... When my last update that happened my Play Store was set to "No updates", and yet I still ended up getting the update... 89mb of data wasted for no reason. There has to be a solution to these Android updates happening while on the cellular network. I hope someone can chime in and share how they stopped these. Thanks.
  • WickedXonSPHL710WickedXonSPHL710 Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    Just install a custom ROM. That way you fix the Sprint Connections Optimizer virus too!
  • Jnoel1141Jnoel1141 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie

Just install a custom ROM. That way you fix the Sprint Connections Optimizer virus too!

How do you install a custom ROM?
  • Mr_StewartMr_Stewart Posts: 37FreedomPop Newbie
    null
    What makes the sprint conections optimizer a virus?