**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

2 issues with BYOD and transferring phone to old account

bkuallbkuall Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I have 2 issues. First after activation of the BYOD Samsung S4 I still can not make or receive any calls. It says I am not authorised to call this number when ever I try to dial out.

Second, I was following your forum directions on trying to replace the device I had broken. It stated for BYOD you have to create a new account and register the phone first. Then call customer support and they can transfer the devices and cancel the new account and refund the activation fee. When I called customer service they told me they can't combine the accounts and nothing they can do. Very fustrating call to say the least.

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @bkuall It sounds like you have done the right thing to get your broken device replaced. Once you have two phones on separate account FP can swap the phones between accounts then cancel the account with the broken phone. It is not necessary to "combine" your new phone to your old account. All they need to do is make the phone swap between accounts.

It sounds like you may have got an agent that needs a little more training. If you try calling them again and you get an agent that tells you the swap cannot be done request to be transferred to a different agent.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015 #3
    @bkuall
    Your first issue sounds like you are trying to us the native dialer. You cannot use the native dialer. Instead, you are suppposed to download the FreedomPop Messaging app and use it. An alternative is to install Google Hangouts abd Hangouts Dialer and use them.
  • bkuallbkuall Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @Richard Allen Thanks for the comment. I did ask to be transferred to a supervisor, but after waiting on hold for another 25 minutes, I hung up. I was already on hold waiting for that agent for 30 minutes. Hoping some admins can help me here with that along with the activation issue I seem to be having getting the new BYOD device working at all.
    OK, issue 1 resolved. I didn't realize I had to download the FreedomPop messaging app to complete the registration. Now I just need help getting this phone transferred to my original account and the new account cancelled.
    @djinks thanks I did finally figure that out and downloaded freedom pop messenger and its working OK now.
    Thanks all. My issues have been resolved
  • RixSRixS Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    edited July 2015 #8
    Answered
    Post edited by RixS on