**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Does the 1-year service rule apply to service on Freedompop?

Peter DurcanskyPeter Durcansky Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I am buying a used Sprint phone (Samsung Galaxy S4). I plan on activating the phone on freedompop. I have heard mixed reviews on their service (I am happy with my Photon, though). I want to try FP on this phone and if that does not work bring the phone to Ting.

My question is: Can I BYOD a Spring phone that was active on freedompop for only a month or two?

I do not anticipate problems bringing the phone to Freedompop (I assume it'll go through fine). However, could I have problems activating that same phone on Ting some 2-3 months later?

Sprint used to not allow MVNO's phones but now they changed the rules. Assuming the phone passes FEC and FED checks now, will it pass them some 2-3 months later (assuming I am current with my payments to freedompop)?

Thanks.

Answers

• SueAnn SvabySueAnn Svaby Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    It hasn't worked well for me. I have had trouble from day 1. Callers cannot understand me. My parents are begging me to get another phone. I'm about to give in and go with Verizon.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Peter Durcansky it should work out as you asked.
    The big irritant is when it fails the FEC. All the other MVNO's will fail that too.
    As I understand the 1-year rule is a NEW phone needs to be used a year with the service it was bought for. FP phones are mostly if not all refurbs.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs