**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Where is the FreedomPop Config app?

davijyudavijyu Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I'm trying to activate my phone. It says this:
"To register your FreedomPhone with your FreedomPop account, open either the Messaging (blue quote box icon) or the FreedomPop Config app."
I tried the messaging route but that did nothing. Then I tried looking for the FreedomPop Config app but am unable to find it. Please help.

Thanks,
David

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @davijyu please make sure you have our latest messaging app installed which can be found here:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en

Also, please make sure to use the same account email and password that was used with the activtion of your device :+1: Please keep us updated if you continue to have issues :)
  • davijyudavijyu Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks, Jorge! I believe I have the latest app. Trying the messaging route to activate the phone:
    "Enter your FreedomPop account email (email used to purchase the device) and tap submit"
    Who do I send my email "To" for the message?
    Thanks, Jorge! Who do I send my email "To"?

"To register your FreedomPhone with your FreedomPop account, open either the Messaging (blue quote box icon) or the FreedomPop Config app.

Enter your FreedomPop account email (email used to purchase the device) and tap submit"
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @davijyu I apologize for the delay, can you please attempt to sync account data through the app under the menu tab.
    It's fine, Jorge. Thanks for helping out. Sorry, what's the app called?
  • 64user64user Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    Messaging.

The "blue quote box icon" one.
    Thanks! How do I sync account data through the Messaging box? What do I write down as a message?
  • 64user64user Posts: 132FreedomPop Newbie
    Nothing. It should prompt you for your email address and password, the one associated with your FreedomPop account, when you first start Messaging.

If it doesn't, go to the menu inside Messaging, which appears as three horizontal lines in the upper left of the app display. Select "Sync Account Data" and it may then prompt you.

If it still doesn't, go to the Settings app, select Apps,select Messaging (the blue/white quote one), select "Force stop". When that's done, select "Clear data". When that's done, reset the phone. Then open the Messaging app and it should prompt you.
    Thanks, 64user for the suggestions. I tried the first 2 ideas without any prompts. So I reset the phone & then it automatically tried to activate & then I got this message- "Sorry- we can't complete this activation over the device. Please take it to the nearest Sprint Store to activate it." "Call Customer Care."

I later updated the FP Messenger. I opened it & didn't get any prompts.

Are there any other ideas? Thanks.
    Thanks, 64user for the suggestions. I tried the first 2 ideas without any prompts. So I reset the phone & then it automatically tried to activate & then I got this message- "Sorry- we can't complete this activation over the device. Please take it to the nearest Sprint Store to activate it." "Call Customer Care."

I later updated the FP Messenger. I opened it & didn't get any prompts.

Are there any other ideas? Thanks.