**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Changing phones with existing Freedompop accounts

Stacy Wessel-McCoyStacy Wessel-McCoy Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
Hello, My mom and I both have active Freedompop accounts/numbers. I would like to give her my phone to use with her current number/account. I would then like to add a new (used) phone to my current account. Both phones are iphone 4. How do I prepare the phones for the switch and then how do we make the switch? Thanks for your help.

Best Answers

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    @Stacy Wessel-McCoy
    Swapping new phone onto existing account--------------------------------
    1. First activate your new phone on a new account, paying the activation fee if it is BYOD. If the new phone is FreedomPop branded, then there is no activation fee.
    2. Contact customer service or wait in this thread for the forum admins to respond and swap phones on the two accounts.
    3. Confirm the new phone works on the old account.
    4. Contact customer service again to deactivate the new account (old phone on it now) and (if BYOD) process a refund for the new account. Do this within the first thirty days the new account is open.

Looks like you have to do the switch twice, once for the new phone and again for your old phone and your mom's account.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    #3 Accepted Answer
    Hello @Stacy Wessel-McCoy no need to call support as I will be glad to have a forum agent assist you with your swap request :) Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:

Answers