**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Still no service!!!

I get absolutely no internet with the device. When I try to go to a webpage, I get redirected to "broadband on demand" and the text says 'Freedompop is dealing with technical issues, try again in a few minutes.' These minutes are weeks already! When will it be resolved once and for all?!?!

Answers

• ???? ??????? ??? FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 64
    edited July 2015 #2
    Do you have 3g service on that device? I don't know how the customer service is for you on this, but you have been poorly informed. The free plans operate on the WiMAX and lte networks and you have a wimax device. That means in 3 months WiMAX is going to be turned off and you will never get this resolved.
    Post edited by ???? ??? on
  • yisroel  yavichyisroel yavich FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    1. Yes, I pay for 3G on that device.
    2. So, basically, I'm hopeless?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3G should be working for you now and after the WiMax shut-down. Do you have other 'sprint' devices that use 3G ? How good is the signal for them to operate ? If so, then your device needs some admin attention.

If signal weak for other devices too, then possibly the FP device is even less sensitive to 3G signals and can't get a lock on it. But from the error message showing, sounds like the 3G signal is good enough to receive that error page to your browser. @Jorge M. should be able to look into getting that device up and running on 3G.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • yisroel  yavichyisroel yavich FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Correct: Signal was good for all devices.

Thanks for your help, and I'm waiting for "@Jorge M." To get back.
  • comintelcomintel FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    If the light stays on on either green or blue, then the connection is perfect and you just have an accounting issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Hello @yisroel yavich I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, I will have a forum agent look into this for you. Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :3
  • Richard LightRichard Light FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Karina, can you also look at my account also. After mine worked fine for many months, it has stopped working as well. I use it while traveling for work and it is not working in Atlanta, Detroit, and Raleigh over the past few weeks. Curiously, it worked fine in Charlotte a few weeks ago.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,374 admin
    @Richard Light I will have a forum agent take a look into your account as well. Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
    Thank you Jorge, I have received the initial email from support. After they share the steps and I have followed them, I will post the steps and results.
    Here is what they had me do - I was up and running in less than ten minutes after doing this!

Karina M. (FreedomPop)
    Aug 7, 1:34 PM

Everything on your account looks fine, can you please attempt to do a reset on your device. I have provided you with the instructions below.

You may need to perform a Master Reset on your device. The master reset button is accessed through an opening labeled “RESET” on the back cover of the device. You need a paperclip or similar object to press the button.

To reset both the router hardware and the device software to the original factory settings:
    1. Make sure your device is powered on.
    2. Remove the back cover and locate the opening on the back of the device labeled “RESET.”
    3. Insert a paper clip into the hole and hold the button down for six seconds until the LED goes out. The LED color will vary depending on the status of the device when you reset it.

Your list of wireless networks will now show the original default network when you first configured your device (Sprint_Mifi_4082 or something similar to that). Connect to your device again (default WiFi password is "freedompop") and reconfigure it. You'll need to go through the setup wizard -- once this is complete you should have no issues.

If you cannot connect to the device via WiFi, then you must connect using any micro USB cord. Attach the cord to your device and computer, then type mifi.mlp or 192.168.1.1 into your browser. Make sure you are disconnected from any other networks when you do this. Once this is entered into the address bar, hit the enter key and you should be directed to the setup wizard in the device utility.

You will need to use the original password (“admin”) to complete the setup in the device utility.

--
  • Leo ChengLeo Cheng FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    i am experiencing the same problems. a RESET did not help things. i cannot update PRL or the Profile. account is in good standing. have reached out to Support numerous times with no resolution. think i need to deactivate services soon.
  • Leo ChengLeo Cheng FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    edited August 2015 #13
    err'd post
    Post edited by Leo Cheng on