**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Damaged SD card

xeter12xeter12 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I purchased a refurb Optimus F3 back in April. Recently, the phone indicated that the SD card was removed. I attempted to unmount it, but couldn't since the option was grayed out. I shut down the phone, removed the SD card and restarted the phone. I inserted the SD card but the phone no longer recognized the card. I tried to access the SD card with my laptop but it appeared it was no longer functioning. I purchased a second card and soon after, the phone stated the SD card was damaged and needed to be reformatted. I reformatted the card and then a few days afterward I got the same message. So I purchased an additional card and now the new card is also "damaged". I know the chances of three cards all being damaged is virtually impossible. What could possibly be causing the damage? The last time I received the message I was able to retrieve the photos and movies using a recovery program, but now it's at the point where I am afraid to store photos on the card. Since the phone does not have sufficient memory, I can't store pictures on the phone. Without a working SD, the phone is useless to me.

Comments

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @xeter12
    Did you format the card on your phone or a PC? Did you try formatting it on the other device?