**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Feature request: disable dialer integration

Gregory GilletteGregory Gillette FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
I am requesting the option to disable the integration between FreedomPop and the stock dialer. Here is why:

1) I have FreedomPop installed on my personal phone (a FreedomPop-branded Galaxy S3), and I want to launch calls using other apps such as Hangouts Dialer and Voice+. Since the FreedomPop app does not have the ability to disable its integration with the stock dialer, the FreedomPop app interferes with my ability to launch calls using Hangouts Dialer and Voice+ from Contacts / other apps that use the stock dialer.

2) I installed FreedomPop on my work phone (an AT&T Galaxy S5), but since it took over the stock dialer I had to uninstall it. I would like the ability to disable the integration between the FreedomPop app and the stock dialer so that I can use the stock dialer with my work AT&T number, and open the FreedomPop app to make personal calls.

Thanks for taking the time to read my feature request. You make a great product and I expect it will make waves in the mobile market.

Comments

• limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 674 ✭✭✭
    Which Freedompop app did you install on your AT&T phone?

Was it the Messaging app or the Free Call and Text app (OTT)?

The former is intended only for use on phones that use Freedompop's cellular data network, whereas the latter is intended for phones connected to other networks (like AT&T) & doesn't require the tight integration into the standard dialer (IIRC, it's an option, but defaulted off in the app settings).
  • Gregory GilletteGregory Gillette FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    My mistake, on my AT&T phone I have the "FreedomPop Free Call and Text" app, and I just noticed in the settings menu that it has the option to enable/disable integration with the stock dialer. I disabled it, and it's working fine now.

On my FreedomPop S3, I have both the "FreedomPop Free Call and Text" and the "FreedomPop Messaging" apps installed. When I open the "FreedomPop Free Call and Text" app it tells me I need to open the "FreedomPop Messaging" app. A few questions:

Q1) Does this mean I can uninstall the "FreedomPop Free Call and Text" from my FreedomPop S3? It sounds like this app is not needed on my FreedomPop phone.

Q2) The "FreedomPop Messaging" app does not have the option to disable integration with the stock dialer. Is there a more appropriate place for me to request this feature? For instance, a forum tag / board where the developers watch?
  • limeylimey FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 674 ✭✭✭
    @Gregory Gillette
    Q1) Does this mean I can uninstall the "FreedomPop Free Call and Text" from my FreedomPop S3? It sounds like this app is not needed on my FreedomPop phone.
    Did you install the Free Call and Text on the S3, or was it already installed? None of my own FP supplied devices had it installed.
    Q2) The "FreedomPop Messaging" app does not have the option to disable integration with the stock dialer. Is there a more appropriate place for me to request this feature? For instance, a forum tag / board where the developers watch?
    You could try emailing [email protected]
  • Gregory GilletteGregory Gillette FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    Thanks for the comments, @limey . I emailed the address you suggested. Yes, I did installed the "FreedomPop Free Call and Text" on my FreedomPop-branded S3. I uninstalled it and everything appears to be working fine. Thanks again.