**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't Text - "General Error (FP) Oops, there was an error trying to communicate with the server."

Ally JovenAlly Joven Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
My plan is unlimited voice and text, why can't I send/receive text but suddenly I can't send and receive text. I can make and receive calls but issue with texting. I was trying to send text but I received this error:

--- "General Error (FP) Oops, there was an error trying to communicate with the server. Please try again later." ---

Why is this happening? I tried shutting down the phone to reboot but still can send/receive text. The FP message app is up to date. I've force stop the FP messaging app, then clear date, done a PRL and profile update, but still no change can't send/receive text.

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @Ally Joven I was able to take a look into your account and it does appear that you have not updated the latest app update released yesterday, I've also gone ahead and refreshed your account. Please update your devices PRL/Profile as well and let us know if you continue to have any issues :)
  • Kara TobeyKara Tobey Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same issue: "general error". Haven't been able to use messaging for several days now.
  • Ryan KenigsbergRyan Kenigsberg Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same problem. Can you check my account. Can't Text - "General Error (FP) Oops, there was an error trying to communicate with the server."
  • KD5NRHKD5NRH Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Same problem here, particularly in weak signal areas. The whole point of having texting in a weak signal area is that I can enter the message and it will go out when it can. Continuous interruptions from this popup make that impossible, since I can't get the message typed in with the popup coming up every few seconds and closing the keyboard when it does.
    Congratulations, FreedomPOP, you've managed to break the most useful feature of text messaging.
  • GenesiaGenesia Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Can't connect to server..it's very irritating..I can receive texts.but can't send
  • Jack58Jack58 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    KD5NRH said:

Same problem here, particularly in weak signal areas. The whole point of having texting in a weak signal area is that I can enter the message and it will go out when it can. Continuous interruptions from this popup make that impossible, since I can't get the message typed in with the popup coming up every few seconds and closing the keyboard when it does.
    Congratulations, FreedomPOP, you've managed to break the most useful feature of text messaging.

+1
  • Jack58Jack58 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    how to block or remove the popup?