**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Connection Speed for various packages

Sharyn GooderSharyn Gooder Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
I am brand new to FreedomPop. I purchased a Freedom MIFI hotspot and was wondering what the connection speeds were for the various packages. I am particularly interested in the 5G plan. Also what will happen to my WIFI Hotspot in November? Is FreedomPop discontinuing their relationship with Sprint? If so what carrier will take their place. Thanks

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,244FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your MiFi500 is an LTE device, so has pretty decent speeds. If you have a STRONG radio signal, you might see 20 or even 30 MB/s, a few here have. A weak signal will be much slower, maybe 2-6 MB/s. If it should be very weak, the upload speeds get VERY slow and the called party breakup, missing words, etc. The conversation becomes very unusable. For some reason phones don't drop to 3G until LTE is worse than very weak.

When I am in one of those awkward neighborhoods, I go to settings and turn off CDMA/LTE and do CDMA only. That forces 3G. The phone conversation is more usable than that weak LTE. I put it back after leaving that neighborhood.

You are on LTE, so nothing changes in Nov for your device. WiMax shuts down and the 2600 band is re-purposed to support more bands for LTE. Depending on whether FP's MiFI500 will support the Tri-Band/Spark LTE, your signals may improve, especially indoors.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs