**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Dormant

Hi,

I only use my mifi device for traveling and on my last trip it wouldn't connect (I was in 3G area). I had the 3.99/month 3G option on the account. When I returned from my trip and logged into my FP account it said my device was Dormant and I clicked the button to activate it. The device still wouldn't connect. I waited a few weeks and it still doesn't work. I have used 0MB of data for the last 3 months.

I called tech support and they were not useful.

My WWAN log is showing this:
Get MIP error code 67
Dormant mode entry

I asked them to push something from FP to Sprint to let them know the device is allowed to access the network. FP is blaming the device. From the log above, it is obvious to me it is a system issue.

I'm not sure if when my billing cycle ends in 6 days if it will start working????

usage details: You've used 0 MB (0%).

I had them downgrade my account to the free plan so I don't keep getting charged for a service I can't use.

Comments

• Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Try a profile and PRL update on the device, That should restore your data connection, the second option is to restore the device to factory defaults and then go through the activation process again. But try the PRL and Profile Update first though
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • WhatHappenedNowWhatHappenedNow Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    When the device isn't able to connect to sprints network, you can't update PRL or profile.

After my new month started, the device still didn't work. I did a device reset and it went through the wizard (which states it automatically activates the device) and now it shows connected on 3G again. I added 3G/4G to my freedom pop plan again and it can now access the internet again.
  • cozmocozmo Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I had the same problem with MiFi device, had to hook up regular internet to the laptop I use it on to get a connection to allow update, log in to their device admin panel, under WWAN tab, expand + on service update at bottom, update PRL, then update profile.
    Had to do it three times before it worked.
    FreedomPop is my backup internet in case broadband goes down, been logging in once a month to ensure it works and avoid the old non use charge which I think has been discontinued, interesting that even though they made the account dormant the 3.99 3G "add on" is still billed.
    I understand tech and how companies operate, and I'm ok with this if it is your policy, but this is the kind of jumping through hoops to get a simple service you paid for, wheter you use it or not, that makes people despise a company and swear to never use them again, so I hope someone from the inside is watching and will stop the dormant account nonsense. It was about a month, so I'm guessing that is the grace period before they lock you out. It took about 3 hours today to get the issue fixed, luckily I had regular internet so I could eventually figure out how to get both on the same computer. You get what you pay for, so I don't expect great service but it would be nice to not have to waste a morning trying to reactivte the Mifi hotspot if I forget to log in and tell Freedompop, Yes, I am still here, please dont kill my service. This is my backup service, so if I really need it to conduct business and my main internet is out, I am in big trouble. Please consider an option to opt out of the "Dormant" nonsense if your customers pay but don't use it for a good reason. Thanks.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    If you aren't going to use the device for months, then downgrade to the free plan. FreedomPop changed the site to allow you to downgrade from the site without calling in. Simply go to My Account>Plans>Details and Plan Management. Then click on the downgrade link and follow the prompts.

FreedomPop still has to pay for your allotment even if you don't use it.

Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop