**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

My LG Optimus F3 dead within 30 days

Alex QinAlex Qin Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
edited July 2015 in LG Optimus F3 #1
My LG Optimus F3 was received on 5/26/2015, and stopped working in June during my trip. It just couldn't be turned on. Tried to call F.P. without the luck to get hold of a real person.

What are my choices now?
Post edited by Alex Qin on

Comments

• darla mcalpinedarla mcalpine Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Having the same issue here too.
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Is this the battery in the device?http://www.amazon.com/LG-Battery-Optimus-EAC61998401-Original/dp/B00HWIMFZ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437257851&sr=8-1&keywords=lg+optimus+f3+battery

If not then you'll need to get a hold of an OEM LG optimus F3 battery, from what I understand the device doesn't play well with aftermarket batteries. If you can stand to wait for FreedomPop to send you a replacement then contact customer support, and have them send you a new one. Otherwise I'd buy this battery in the meantime and still have them send you one.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Alex QinAlex Qin Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Not quite sure if this is the problem with the battery. When I plug the charger into the phone, there is red flash around the home key. I suspect it could be because of the battery. However, only had the phone for 50 days, and the phone had been turned on for less than 100 hours.

I'd like to wait to experience the customer service of F.P....

Thanks for the information regarding the aftermarket battery. Let's see......
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    I run the Freedom Friends Connect Facebook group and I've had my members who have this device, they reported the same issue until they got an Original OEM battery, as well as if you are a member of the friends group of this forum there is a post there called "can I ask a question" who had a similar issue and the battery was the problem
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
    I'm ordering a new battery to try it myself, while waiting for the F.P. support to response. So far, tried to email/phone/forum contact the support without any lucky. Anybody knows how to get hold of F.P. support to starting the warranty process?
    Just want to give an update on the latest state on my problem with this LG phone, and with the FreedomPop support. I eventually got the RMA open by emailing to [email protected] And the CSR eventually agreed to replace my phone. And I eventually got the return shipping label from FreedomPop and sent the phone back to them (a big mistake). Now, after more than 1 month of the returning shipment, I got nothing back. I tried the same communication channel when I got the RMA several times, and tried to call them. No luck at all! It's so painful. Now I'm disputing the credit card charge :s

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @Alex Qin I have gone ahead and notified a forum agent to contact you through the email associated with your forum profile. I apologize for the delay you have experienced :/
    Thanks for getting back to me. I did receive the email from Karina today. Will keep updated with the progress.
  • shawnlgshawnlg Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I received the LG Optimus F3 about 3 weeks ago and it was DOA. I finally got an E-mail from support telling me my device exchanged is being processed. We'll see.
    The first thing I had to do was cancel any plans on the account that had a monthly charge. At least the phone only cost me $30.