How to fix "Error 67"

Zachary KurmasZachary Kurmas Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
I have been getting "Error 67" about half the time I try to use mobile data. I get this error even when the mobile signal is strong, and I'm in an area were I've previously used mobile data. My Samsung Victory doesn't have a "System Update" item on the Settings menu. What do I try next?

Answers

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    Hello @Zachary Kurmas if you could please perform a PRL/Profile update on your Samsung Victory device that should get you back up and running. Also, please make sure you have installed our latest messaging app update.

Keeping your Preferred Roaming List (PRL) up-to-date can improve your network coverage if you are roaming.

From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
    Tap Settings.
    Scroll to and tap System Update.
    Tap Update PRL and wait until it completes.
    Tap OK.
    You've now updated the PRL.
    Tap Update Profile.
    Once completed, your phone may or may not reboot.
  • Zachary KurmasZachary Kurmas Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    My "Settings" menu doesn't have a "System Update" item. I have only the following items under the "System" category:
    * Accessory
    * Date and time
    * Accessibility
    * Developer Options
    * About Device.
    My Settings menu does not contain a "System Update" item.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    @Zachary Kurmas Sorry about that, you will need to perform a carrier reset by following the instructions below:

A carrier reset is recommended if you are experiencing issues with calling, texting, or receiving a data connection. In some cases, you will be asked a password, which is your device's Master Subsidy Lock code (MSL): 675768. If your device doesn't prompt you for an MSL code, then it is not needed to complete the reset.

Android Phones
    Disable WiFi and enable data if needed.
    Go to the dial pad or phone app.
    Enter # # 72786 #

If prompted for a password, enter your MSL code. For some phones, you may need to tap the menu icon on the top right hand corner.

Confirm the reset.

Allow the device to restart and go through the activation process

Note: Some LTE devices can perform a carrier reset over a WiFi connection. If that doesn't work then follow step one before trying the carrier reset.
    That solved some of the problem. After running the update, I've been able to get a data connection pretty consistently *except* when I try to use my WiFi Hotspot.

When I attempt to turn my WiFi hotspot on, I loose my data connection and get the "error 67" message. The phone then automatically turns the hotspot off and the data connection returns.
  • Senjaya HariantoSenjaya Harianto Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    When I attempt to turn my WiFi hotspot on, I loose my data connection and get the "error 67" message. The phone then automatically turns the hotspot off and the data connection returns.
    That's the same problem I'm having. Senjaya, did you ever find a solution?