**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

activation required - contact customer support to activate

My daughter updated the messaging app on her phone and now we keep seeing "activation required - contact customer support to activate."

There's a 2 month old thread about this same problem, and it looks like FreedomPop was able to fix it without users doing anything.

Can I get some help from a mod? Jorge?

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @Scott Selva It appears that your device was currently in a dormant state and I have gone ahead and reactivated the device on our end :+1: Please perform a PRL/Profile update to ensure the reactivation of your device goes smoothly :)
  • Gordon LincolnGordon Lincoln Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    HTC 4G phone purchased from freedompop started continuously rebooting. After attempting and failing to resolve the issue with tech support, I have acquired a replacement phone (another Sprint branded HTC EVO 4G). Now the question is - how to I go thru the BYOD process and associate my replacement phone with my existing account?
    Hello @Gordon Lincoln I apologize for the delay in reply, however I will be glad to have a forum agent further assist you with your device swap. Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • tbalabanjr@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I think I fit this topic. I bought an EVO though FP a couple of year a go then gave it to a friend. She never really used it and gave it back. I'd like to re-register it under my name. Can you help?
    Hello @[email protected].com I will have a forum agent assist you with your request. Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • chrisbairchrisbair Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm getting this same thing with a Samsung S3 that I have
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Hello @chrisbair your account was also in a dormant state but I have gone ahead and reactivated your device. Please attempt to use the device and let us know if any issues arise, thank you! :3
  • Mitch TurnerMitch Turner Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same problem...I can only fix this by using an old version of freedompop messenger. I want to take advantage of the new updates for call quality.
  • Hello @Mitch Turner I have gone ahead and updated your ICCID on the account, please attempt to use the device and let me know if it works. If by any chance it fails to you can update your PRL/Profile, the instructions are below.

Steps to update the PRL on your Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE

Keeping your Preferred Roaming List (PRL) up-to-date can improve your network coverage if you are roaming.

From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
    Tap Settings.
    Scroll to and tap System Update.
    Tap Update PRL and wait until it completes.
    Tap OK.
    You've now updated the PRL.
  • Martin Van der LindenMartin Van der Linden Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Similar problem here : I haven't used my account for 2 month (I was away travelling) and now I receive an error message saying "contact customer support to activate" when I try to open the freedompop app.

What should I do?
  • Mitch TurnerMitch Turner Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Still have the problem. I did notice that the config app will not load also. Maybe that will help troubleshooting.
  • JohnBottorffJohnBottorff Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having the same issue with a newly-purchased phone that I just tried to activate for the first time yesterday. Emailed Customer Support, but no reply as of yet.
  • sophie8579sophie8579 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    The same issue with my husband's freedompop phone. Could you also help me to reactivate his phone? Thanks
  • Jeannie DuenazJeannie Duenaz Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I would like to start ip my freedom pop acct again I had to disconnect because no funds in bank but now Zim ready to start up my acct again and it won't let me
  • kerstuffkerstuff Posts: 664FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017 #16
    FPop now deactivates accounts not used in 60 days. I would think your number may be released after that. I may be wrong. YMMV
    Post edited by kerstuff on
  • Retail Solutions LLC S SinghRetail Solutions LLC S Singh Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    my device says same thing... can you activate mine too?
  • iLoveMvnosiLoveMvnos Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    Anyone able to activate 406-318-7181?
  • MickieMickie Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    We have a similar problem. However, I have gone online several times and supposedly re-activated the account. (Or at least it says it is activated.) I have been able to send a text message shortly after it has been re-activated but a couple days later we are back to square one. The is getting increasingly frustrating. I am deaf so I am only using the texting service. Another wrinkle, I am connecting via wifi as I have no cell reception out here.
  • webedcwebedc Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I got the same message that I need to contact customer support to activate. Please help.
  • AngiePAngieP Posts: 414FreedomPop Newbie admin
    webedc said:

I got the same message that I need to contact customer support to activate. Please help.

Hello webedc! Thank you for contacting FreedomPop. Account associated with phone number ending in 0030, became "dormant" due to non-usage. In any particular month, your account reflects less than 5mb of data usage or you make fewer then five (5) calls, it'll become dormant. We've gone ahead and reactivated your account. Please make sure to power cycle your device. It should be working now. In order to avoid your account becoming dormant again, please be sure to meet the minimum monthly requirements.

Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us back and we'll be more than happy to help.
  • PortypotPortypot Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    can someone activate (415) 818-8668? thanks
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.