**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Data being charged to my account every half hour

DaveKDaveK Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
For some reason, I exceeded my 500 MB limit and $10 was taken from my automatic top-up account. I didn't see how that could have been possible because I hadn't downloaded movies, etc., but I let it go. Now when I look at my account online, I see that, for the last couple of days, 1 MB of data is being charged to my account every half hour, even while I sleep. Any help in resolving this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Go into the phone's settings menu & select Data usage - scroll down & it should list what applications have been using data. Something may be trying to automatically sync data across the cellular data connection, which you may be able to either disable, or configure to only do so manually/when WiFi is available.

If you do have access to a WiFi connection & you haven't already done so, configure the phone to use it when in range.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015 #3
    @DaveK
    WiFi should stay on while the phone is asleep. Maybe that setting is wrong. Settings->Connections->WiFi->
    Tap menu button,
    choose Advanced,
    Check this setting: Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep

Did that help?