**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Will the Freedom Spot MIFI 500 LTE work with computers after November 6?

I have a FreedomPop Hub Burst right now, and I'm enjoying the service I get from it and FreedomPop. Will my computer work with the Freedom Spot MIFI 500 LTE, or the Sierra Wireless 803S when Wimax is discontinued? And if it can, which one do you think is better, the Freedom Spot MIFI or the Sierra Wireless 803S?

Thank you for any info,

Bill

Comments

• Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @William Torrealba Your computer should work fine with either of the units you listed. You would be able to connect either one to your computer using either wifi or a USB cable.

I prefer the MIFI 500. It is easier to use and seems to be a little more reliable.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto @Richard Allen . The MiFi 5580 LTE is the best choice since it also supports Band 41 which delivers fast speeds! Both devices will work.
  • William TorrealbaWilliam Torrealba Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the replies, guys.
    Ali said:

Ditto @Richard Allen . The MiFi 5580 LTE is the best choice since it also supports Band 41 which delivers fast speeds! Both devices will work.

Does FreedomPop offer the 5580?
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @William Torrealba The MIFI 500 and the MIFI 5580 are the same thing. Do not know why they have different number for the same unit.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Richard Allen @William Torrealba Yea my bad lol, they're the same thing. The 5580 is the SKU number but the 500 LTE is the official name :)
    Ah, thanks again for your replies.
  • Cherie CourtneyCherie Courtney Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Now with the 500 LTE unit, will I still be able to receive the free plan? and can I BYOD say a 500 LTE unit previously used with Sprint?