**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Visual Voicemail App Ongoing Issues - No-one will respond

Stefani WilliamsStefani Williams Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
:/ Hey guys. I'm not going to link my 3 messages about this issue that I've already posted here, since it seems to achieve nothing. But I do see that admins are responding to messages, so that's a bit frustrating.

So I will reiterate again: My voicemail app has been wonky. I've already lost voicemails from having to reinstall the app twice. Reinstalling partially helped. If I go into the app but there is no new voicemail, I get the dialog, "Please check your connection and try again. {DOWNLOAD_VM}. I have to hit "okay" once or twice to get the dialog to go away. Thankfully this has not impacted newer voicemails that have been left, although there are times where the call will go straight to voicemail without my knowledge (don't know if this was fixed with new FP update).

I hope an updated Voicemail is in the works to complement the new messaging app. But what would be really nice, is if someone could respond when I've left multiple posts. I see that mods are responding, so what gives? If it's a bug, fine. Tell me. If it is user error? Fine. Tell me. If there is a fix, either now or in the future, tell me. Please. Not responding is the quickest way to get customers riled up.

My parents are not convinced that they should make the move over to FP, because they have seen the issues I have dealt with. I keep wanting to assure them that it's great and a minor issue may pop up here and there, but I can't do that in good conscience. I'm not asking for the world. I'm just asking for a response.

Also, I am under the impression that we no longer need to add admin names when requesting assistance. I would also like to confirm this, if someone would be so kind.

Comments

• Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @Stefani Williams I would like to apologize for the lack of support you have received thus far and am sorry to hear about your continuos Voicemail issues. Unfortunately there are some posts that do get missed by us admins as we try to assist as many users as possible on the forum. Please allow me to have a forum agent further assist you. Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • pikenpiken Posts: 124FreedomPop Newbie
    Correct, the voice mail kinda works, sometimes.

I find the VOIP (FP app) program looses it's registration periodically through
    out the day. (not uncommon with VOIP programs, most have a setting you can
    up the registration time period, FP does not)

If the phone (VOIP client) is not registered and someone calls, the phone
    will not ring and after X rings goes to voice mail.

Now here's the rub.

Even after your phone becomes registered again (green check mark, etc)
    you will not receive a missed call notice, you will not receive your voice mail.

And to beat all... the voice is not there either. Even though someone left
    a voice mail it will not be there. So, yes, you will not know you missed a call and
    if they left a voice mail it's gone too.

It's like if your phone is not registered it deletes the voice mail and does not
    save it for delivery after the phone re-registers.

Not sure if this problem is fixable without updating program where
    the end user can change the SIP registration time period.

The original underlying program (CSIP) has the ability but FP has removed it
    in there version.

I'm trying to remember another app that's kind of a macro program that
    you can set up to fire on a time schedule. I'm hoping to set the macro program
    to go into messages and resync every x number of minutes so I dont miss calls emails anymore.

• Stefani WilliamsStefani Williams Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
    @piken
    Just now noticed your message, but thank you for the technical info. Gaining some sort of understanding regarding how this stuff works on the back end is helpful.
  • kenshirokenshiro Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    @Stefani Williams
    I have had the same problem you had or at least the same error message: Please check your connection and try again. {DOWNLOAD_VM}. I even started a new discussion but received no response going on one week. Unlike you I can't access voicemail even if I get new messages. I just get that frustrating error box. I hope you were able to get some resolution on this. I guess I've been wasting money on voicemail which I thought was necessary since I heard that missed calls were common on Freedompop, but I can't even rely on voicemail. What I think I should have done was port my old number to Google voice and voicemail and keep my original Freedompop number, but now it's too late. I already ported my old number to Freedompop and can no longer use it on the more reliable Google voice.
  • Stefani WilliamsStefani Williams Posts: 81FreedomPop Newbie
    @kenshiro
    Sorry for not seeing your response until now. Oddly, my voicemail issues spontaneously resolved. Not sure what did the trick, however. After all the rebooting, reinstalling, updating, etc., hard to say what worked. When I finally received a few new emails I stopped getting that error message. I was also having an issue where the messages would cut off at 45 seconds... at least people can leave messages now. They just have to speak fast =)