**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Galaxy S5 BYOD does not qualify

mahadrimahadri Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
FreedomPop's BYOD checker says "Sorry your BYOD phone does not qualify" for Galaxy S5 MEIDs that pass the financial eligibility check and can be activated on Ting. The supported BYOD list (dated 7/17/2015) says the Galaxy S5 is supported. How can I activate one?

Comments

• grhuanggrhuang Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I had same issue and but it was resolved yesterday. Last week I purchased S5 phone following the Jorge M.'s link here for exclusive deal and promotions but I could not get it activate. The customer service told me that the S5 phone was not on their device list. I contacted Jorge M. and sent him my phone MEID. Then I called the technical support and told him my order number (invoice number ) for the phone. Finally he got my phone into freedompop database. A few hours later, I activated my phone successfully.
  • weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Ali wanna check this out when you have a chance for @mahadri ? @grhuang glad you got activated, thanks for posting!
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mahadri Please send me your IMEI and MEID numbers so that I can investigate this with Sprint!
  • Nichbenj Nichbenj Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same problem, I have a s5, I just ended my sprint account last week and want to go to freedompop, I keep getting "phone does not qualify" when I try the BYOD. Not sure why? It also as mentioned before works on Ting when I checked there so I am not sure why it wont on freedompop?
  • tyler_matsontyler_matson Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali I just recently purchased a brand new iphone 5s and it passed the check on swappa saying it was completely clean but when i try to check the eligibility on freedompop it says its not compatible. I was wondering if you would be able to help me out in this situation. I can send you my IMEI and MEID.
    I just called customer service today (7/27/15) and they told me there is nothing to do at this time. And to check back in a few days. "Soon" they should be having more BYOD for the samsung s5 working. But at this time some are going through and some are not. So I hope they can get the BYOD working fast!
  • tyler_matsontyler_matson Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I called today as well and got no resolve with my issue. It just doesn't make sense to me why a new device cant be eligible for byod. :anguished:
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015 #9
    @tyler_matson
    I think brand new devices must be activated on Sprint for at least a month. This was the device you had on Sprint? I understand it takes about a month for the device to be taken off their database after final bill payment.
    @Ali has this practice changed?
    Mine was a samsung galaxy s5 and I was on srpint for almost a year. I ended my sprint framily plan about a week ago. I have a **** hotspot that I have been using in the meantime with my google voice number that I ported from sprint to google voice. this has been working well. But I would really like the BYOD to start working so I can quit carrying around the hot spot all the time.
    @djinks Are you saying that after paying off the device it takes a month after that final payment for the device to be off Sprint's records/database and can only be used on freedompop after that time period ? Because I did just pay my device off before i closed my account, like a week or two ago. I hope this is the case and BYOD works for my phone in a few more weeks?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @djinks I've been able to circumvent this policy!

Everyone who's having issues, please PM me your IMEI and MEID numbers and I will take a look at what's going on.
  • FratopolisFratopolis Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Where do i PM you?