**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Freedompop: Sim cards (s3,s4,note2, and tab2)

OnaquestOnaquest Posts: 27FreedomPop Newbie
I'm considering purchasing a sprint (s3, s4, note2, tab2, or tab3) other then a clean ESN. I know certain phones have to have certain sim cards s4 & tab3, does that mean these phones need to have the required SIM card to work on Freedompop at all. What else should I know about SIM cards before I purchase. I read something about people buying sim cards for roaming on a cellular connection, how does that get billed, I'm not sure why I would want to or need too buys a SIM card. Some one please explain it like I'm basic. What is the advantage. I read FAQ freedompop does not support roaming. Then there is a PRL (Prefer Roaming List) If I buy a phone (4 Ex: Kyrocera Hydro Icon) not on the list does that mean I have to stay in my home geographical area and it won't work on other sprint networks 3G/4G. Last but not least if I want to use the Samsung tablets (Tab2/Tab3) as an Phoneablet does it still have be a Sprint product. I believe all the phones have to be Sprint associated phones, I'm just curious does the same apply to the tablets. My understanding is that the liberty tablet does not have built 3G/4G capabilities wich limits them to local wifi networks.

FreedomPop:
The following device will need to have the corresponding part# or else the devices will not work with our service.

Samsung Galaxy S4 : SIMGLW206R
Tab3: SIMGLT207R

FreedomPop:
"We do not support off-network roaming at this time."

FreedomPop:
Most phone Freedompop phones come with the ability to make calls and send texts over WiFi out of the box utilizing our app. However, you can purchase a separate GSM SIM card if you wish to roam on a cellular connection.

Best Answer

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2 Accepted Answer
    You will need a SIM Card to use 4G LTE services and to authenticate your device with Sprint so your data will work.

Answers

• mahadrimahadri Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    The Sprint SIM is required to use 4G LTE. Devices might work on 3G/2G only without a SIM, but I think FreedomPop requires the SIM's ICCID when you activate a 4G device.

There is no roaming from FreedomPop. FreedomPop will not bill you for roaming. Some unlocked Sprint devices can connect to GSM networks if you replace the Sprint SIM with a GSM SIM from another provider. This allows you to use your phone during a foreign vacation. The GSM provider will bill you separately.

All activated FreedomPop devices will work everywhere within Sprint's nationwide coverage area.

Any tablet that can be activated from https://www.freedompop.com/byod will work on FreedomPop. Usually only Sprint-branded devices work, but sometimes others do. If you can't activate the tablet you want, you can connect it via WiFi to a FreedomPop hotspot instead.
  • OnaquestOnaquest Posts: 27FreedomPop Newbie
    So if I buy a eBay 4g lte phone I will need sprint sim card to take advantage of 4G lte connections & data. Well okay I thought the freedom pop eligibilty linked checked Esn numbers. How doni check if sim cards are good prior to activation. What do they cost ((estimated)) to buy new if I need to buy one. Will the phone connect ((voice,data,text)) to 3g with out sim cards if they have a clean ESN
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    I would just get a money-back guarantee from the seller that the SIM will be good. I have never had a problem with used or new SIMs.

Yes you need a SIM for LTE. Check this thread for which one you need:
    http://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/6319/freedompops-supported-byod-list-sprint-apple-devices-dated-2-20-2015

Also useful
    http://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5387/freedompop-101-byod-tips

ting.com $9 + shipping
    Get the correct SIM for the your phone
  • OnaquestOnaquest Posts: 27FreedomPop Newbie
    thanks all .. You all seemed to answer different aspects of my multiple questions