**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Cannot install messaging app from play store on EVO 4G

Freedompop Messaging app no longer shows up in play store when I search for it on EVO 4G. When I get to its page from "My apps -> ALL" list in play store app, it says "your device isn't compatible with this version". How do I reinstall Messaging app? Thanks

Comments

• Sandeep MangrulkarSandeep Mangrulkar Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same issue. I had to hard reset the device and when I tried to install the latest version, I am getting same error.
  • elliotelliot Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I can't install it from the play store either.
  • micmel2micmel2 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm in the same boat. I can't even send nor receive calls and messages because before I can doing anything, a message window pops up saying there is an update I need to do, and when I click on the update, it takes me to the Playstore, which gives me this error. This message popup precludes me from continuing with the messaging and/or call. I'm on version 15.07.227.0128.
  • BLOOD BATHBLOOD BATH Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    This is apk version 16.02.294.0714, the latest that will work with gingerbread, 2.3.4+.
  • thedamianthedamian Posts: 41FreedomPop Newbie
    I can suggest googlying "freedompop messaging v16.02.294.0714"

I'm sure the admin's don't want me to put a link here but I found downloadatoz and it had the version. Just remember the ADS also say "download" on them so look carefully for a link. You choose it then choose europe for the place to download it for (or where ever) and next next next at the bottom. and bingo I had the file.

• thedamianthedamian Posts: 41FreedomPop Newbie
    OMG! I totally fell for that "downloader app"

CRAP! Man be careful out there. Maybe Freedompop could provide a way to download it from their website. But I WAS able to find version 16.02.232.0527
    and THAT was the real thing.

but of course you CANNOT trust that it's the official app.

Freedompop Please help!
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @njfulwider5 Could you please provide the apk file for those who need the app for their Evo, thanks :)
  • seto22jseto22j Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I need the apk file as well, please! Thanks! @njfulwider5
  • seto22jseto22j Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I need a copy of the apk file too, please! Thanks! @njfulwider5
  • Ralph QuinnRalph Quinn Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I also need the most recent working messaging app for the HTC EVO 4G.
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks.