**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

LG G2 FEC check issue

jxx898989jxx898989 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I bought a LG G2 from bestbuy but failed the FEC (shows clear from swappa). I remember seeing Ali helped with a ticket with Sprint to clear it, but it looks like he's probably on vacation. Can someone please tell me if this is something can be supported? If not, I will have to return the phone as I don't plan to use it in Sprint.

Answers

• Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    Ali is just a user here like you are, but is one of the forum veterans. He does not work for FreedomPop. He has some connections that may be able to help. But if it did fail the ESN check from FreedomPop, then I would assume that it is not possible to activate here. Did it say when you purchased it that it would activate on Ting?
  • jxx898989jxx898989 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks, Adolfo. I actually were able to finally activate my phone but first checking the ESN in Ringplus (not sure why).

However, I received no instruction on how to set up the phone to work with freedompop. So I am still stuck.
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Check your account online to see what email is in the account settings. After activation, you should receive several emails welcoming you and providing setup instructions.
  • jxx898989jxx898989 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Got it activated, very happy. Thanks.
  • golgo1313golgo1313 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I just got a G2 from Bestbuy and it won't pass the FEC. I should have found this first, as Ringplus was able to activate it... I should have just checked for eligibility on R+. Now that I've activated with R+, can I cancel and activate on FP? Anyone have that experience? I don't think a new sim card is going to do it... as the MEID is coming up as "your device is not eligible for byod"...

*any* help is appreciated!
  • golgo1313golgo1313 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I just received a new G2 from BB, and it didn't pass the FEC through FP. I wish I read this earlier, but when I tried activating via Ringplus, I was able to, so I did. Can I cancel R+ account, and activate on FP? Has anyone done this successfully?
  • comintelcomintel Posts: 310FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    golgo1313 said:

I just received a new G2 from BB, and it didn't pass the FEC through FP. I wish I read this earlier, but when I tried activating via Ringplus, I was able to, so I did. Can I cancel R+ account, and activate on FP? Has anyone done this successfully?

@golgo1313
    Someone has posted that the route you suggest did work for them. I see no harm in trying.