**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Why is my deactivated phone still on my account?

David KafkaDavid Kafka Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Over 2 weeks ago now I got the following in an email from FP support. "Your phone has been successfully deactivated from freedompop, it will take a few days to a week for the ESN to be released. Is there anything else that I can assist you with?"

I logged back into my account today and nothing has changed, the HTC EVO 4G is still tied to the account with the same old phone number. I click through to deactivate the account and now I'm supposed to call FP to cancel my service? The impression I was given after receiving the email was that the phone was going to be released from FP services.

Best Answer

Answers

• Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Is there a red banner at the top of the page that says "Your account has been cancelled, to reinstate service please add a data plan"? If it does then your account is cancelled but it doesn't remove the information related to the account.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • David KafkaDavid Kafka Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Is there a red banner at the top of the page that says "Your account has been cancelled, to reinstate service please add a data plan"?
    When I log in it takes me to my account overview page which still shows the HTC EVO 4G but now I don't have a phone number for it anymore.
    Jorge M. said:

Hello @David Kafka I will be glad to have a forum agent take a look into the account for you. Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:

Ah, I missed the initial query from support as it was in the declarative form. The ticket was bumped today and I've replied with an affirmative to the FP rep's statement.