**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Steps to BYOD a Samsung Galaxy S4

Daniel PDaniel P Posts: 31FreedomPop Newbie
I need help to check my steps to BYOD a Samsung Galaxy S4 that I bought from EBay.

All/most of the phones on EBay are without a Sim Card and the one I bought is also without a Sim card.

The BYOD list says I need a Sim Card "SIMGLW206R" for a 4G LTE connection on my Samsung Galaxy S4. I think I could connect without a Sim card but it would only connect to 3G, not 4G LTE...
"Samsung Galaxy S4-->> SIMGLW206R-->>SKU CZ2102LWR"

I see this Sim card on EBay for $13.50. I think I need to buy this specific Sim Card on EBay and then BYOD my Samsung Galaxy S4 with FreedomPop.

Does this sound correct that I am following the correct path of (Buy Samsung S4>>Buy Sim Card>>BYOD Samsung S4)?

Comments

• Daniel PDaniel P Posts: 31FreedomPop Newbie
    More specifically the device is a
    Samsung Galaxy S 4 SPH-L720 - 16GB - (Sprint)
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Am I following the correct steps?
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015 #4
    @Daniel Portier
    Looks correct to me. Ting.com also has these SIMs. I do not think you can activate it without the SIM's ICCID.
    Hmmmmm, am I talking to myself again? Am I expecting too much to look for an answer in there forums? Am I doing something wrong? Is it my bad that I didn't purchase a FreedomPop phone? That's it, right?

Okay grasshopper, I think I got the message. I will make a guess that I should follow these three steps...
    1) Buy Samsung S4 from EBay (already done)
    2) Buy Sim Card from EBay
    3) Use FreedomPop to BYOD the Samsung S4 and Sim card
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @Daniel Portier Sorry about the delay in reply, yes you may attempt to activate through our BYOD funnel, however please make sure the device has a clean ESN along with the SIM card model being: SIMGLW406R.
    Thanks @Jorge M. :)

You said SIM card model being: "SIMGLW406R".

Did you mean SIM card model SIMGLW206R for Samsung Galaxy S4?
    edited July 2015 #8
    I think SIMGLW206R is the correct SIM card number according to the following FP documentation...

Incompatible SIM card
    All sim cards have part numbers, and you can find this part number on the card that the sim card is attached to when first received or purchased.
    The following device will need to have the corresponding part number or else the devices will not work with our service.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 : SIMGLW206R
    iPhone 5: CZ2104LWR or SIMGLW406R
    iPad: SIMGLW406R
    Tab3: SIMGLT207R
    Post edited by Daniel P on
    @djinks Ting SIM cards are $9 but I don't know how much for shipping. Also since Ting only specifies GSM or CDMA, and says this below, and doesn't give the SIM number "SIMGLW206R" I think I will go with the EBay version for $13.50.
    -----------------------------------------
    6. If I purchase a SIM card from Ting, can I use it with another carrier?
    GSM SIM cards can only be used with Ting, but CDMA SIM cards can generally be used with other carriers, assuming they will support your device on their network.

Yep, That worked. I am using my Samsung Galaxy S4 now.

Thanks! And, sorry for being impatient.