**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Need to switch phones and emails

williamlthomaswilliamlthomas Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I recently purchased a new Freedompop Galaxy S5 and registered it under a new, different email, but I need to get it switched to this account and email, and the phone here removed. What steps do I need to follow to have this happen?

Answers

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @williamlthomas
    Swapping new phone onto existing account--------------------------------
    1. First activate your new phone on a new account, paying the activation fee if it is BYOD. If the new phone is FreedomPop branded, then there is no activation fee.
    2. Contact customer service or wait in this thread for the forum admins to respond and swap phones on the two accounts.
    3. Confirm the new phone works on the old account.
    4. Contact customer service again to deactivate the new account (old phone on it now) and (if BYOD) process a refund for the new account. Do this within the first thirty days the new account is open.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    Hello @williamlthomas I will be glad to have a forum agent assist you with your swap request. Feel free to update your thread after the completion of your request so other users with similar requests can view the steps taken :) Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :+1:
  • Ken  RichKen Rich Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Just so others know. I tried the above with my Galaxy S5 and it wouldn't activate. Local coverage works fine for my HTC Evo 4G. Works on my home network. Phone is ESN clean and reset to factory settings.

Don't know why and can't call the company to find out.
  • meedy40meedy40 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I need help switching my freedom pop account (free) phone from Samsung ii to zte force id#99000142032816 [email protected] thanks please let me know asap
    I need help switching my Samsung ii account to zte force 99000142032816(ID)
    How