**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can I activate LG Volt with FreedomPop?

ibex333ibex333 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
I tried to activate the LG Volt through BYOD web interface, but it says phone is not supported. That is not true, because I remember seeing on forums that LG Volt can indeed be activated on FP. :/

I am well aware this is a Virgin Mobile phone. Irrelevant. It's using the same CDMA network, hence it can be activated unless they just don't want to.

How do I activate this phone? Can I?

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Hello @ibex333 the LG Volt is one of our BYOD devices that can be activated. It may be that your phone might have an outstanding balance or it can be other reasons. I would be happy to have a forum agent take a look for you. Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :3
  • comintelcomintel Posts: 310FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @ibex333

It will probably fail the FEC check but you may be able to get that cleared elsewhere and then move it to FreedomPop.
  • RossfuzRossfuz Posts: 116FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    i think people were saying the volt will work as long as it's never been active on virgin/boost first.
  • comintelcomintel Posts: 310FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    Yes I stand corrected as I see reports now that they will activate now brand new out of the box without problem on FP.

Currently on sale for $39.99 at Best Buy and I think the best phone there is in that range.

Full tri-band Spark LTE support.
  • ibex333ibex333 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but last time I spoke to an agent who emailed me and my request was denied because the phone was less than a year old, hence it couldn't be activated.

Now it's been a year, and I would like to speak to an agent again to activate this phone, but I don't know how to have an agent email me again.

Can someone help please?

Thanks.